30% off any camera at Staples.

curveshooter

Mu-43 Regular
Tried this. Didn't work. They refused the coupon because Staples does not sell the OMD. So it should work for cameras that Staples sells that are not on sale.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jrworthy

Mu-43 Rookie
Best Buy doesn't seem to carry the GH2 and the Staples price is way over the top so the 30% off does not help me. KHAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!

billsnyder

Mu-43 Rookie
I asked a manager if they would honor it without specifying a camera. He said they would on a full price camera, then left the rest up to the sales associate. Of course I then went after the OMD.

M4/3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
30% off MSRP off a new OM-D? That would mean less than $1000 for the OM-D 12-50 kit. Sounds WAY too good to be true. Best Buy would never match any online store prices for me on anything. They would only match local brick and mortar store prices.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Too bad I don't have money. :c It all went to paying my classes two days ago.
I feel ya there.. I haven't even sent my final payment for next semester classes yet.
But I was thinking of giving this coupon to my sister or using her card to buy her a camera. She told me she trusts my judgement to choose for her ,and wants a new camera that does Video and takes good photos. She currently has a Nikon D40x with 2 lens kit, that she got from Costco 4 years ago, but she says its got one dead pixel because there's been a black dot (near the center) on all her photos for almost a year. She likes my GH2 but I don't think she should spend that much right now, and i have no idea what Nikon if I can use this coupon to get a Nikon body that would do HD video as well. Any suggestions? Or should i just have her buy a G3 on sale now at B&H and put her camera and the lenses up separately on ebay.

dan623

Mu-43 Rookie
Tried two best buys on the way home. The first one flat out told me that they won't accept competitors coupons. I had a fleeting glimpse of hope at the second one. The associate behind the desk at customer service first said no so I asked to speak to the store manager. After waiting around for about 15 minutes he finally showed up. When I showed him the coupon, he inspected it for a good minute trying to find a loophole. Finally he said nikons and Sonys had "price blocks" that didn't let them adjust the price. So then I told him I wanted an Olympus but didn't tell him it was the $1300 model. He said if he had the camera in stock he'd give me the discount but he'd be making an exception from BB policy. After I told him that I wanted an om-d he asked an associate if they carried it. When he told him it was only on bestbuy.com, the managers face almost lit up and he said he couldn't apply a discount even if it was ordered right then and there through bb.com because there was no place for him to enter a different stores coupon code. It was worth a shot anyway. Would've been nice to throw it on the reward zone credit card with 0% interest for 18 months.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
She likes my GH2 but I don't think she should spend that much right now, and i have no idea what Nikon if I can use this coupon to get a Nikon body that would do HD video as well. Any suggestions? Or should i just have her buy a G3 on sale now at B&H and put her camera and the lenses up separately on ebay.
The G3 is a nice camera. If you want to stick with Nikon and want to take advantage of the coupon this weekend, look at the D3200 or D5100.

Happy hunting,

--Ken

arentol

Mu-43 Veteran
Best Buy price match guarantee. Technically it shouldn't let you get anything that isn't also sold by Staples, and you should only get the price Staples would charge anyway. You should be able to use it online with Best Buy though by calling in during or after purchase. So mostly just useful to people with the BB credit card or who just want to get BB points.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
The G3 is a nice camera. If you want to stick with Nikon and want to take advantage of the coupon this weekend, look at the D3200 or D5100.

Happy hunting,

--Ken
Thanks for the suggestions Ken. Does Staples or Best Buy, sell ether of those Nikon's Body only?
Also, Yes I actually did try to suggest the G3 to her this past weekend but she argued with me that if it was so nice I should buy it and sell her my G2 (that I just picked up on that Amazon daily deal). She just looked at the price difference on Google and said it must not be as good because its so much cheaper. Typical of my Sister.. but as far as Nikon's go she thinks they all must be great cameras because they are a Nikon. Women..

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
Thanks for the suggestions Ken. Does Staples or Best Buy, sell ether of those Nikon's Body only?
Also, Yes I actually did try to suggest the G3 to her this past weekend but she argued with me that if it was so nice I should buy it and sell her my G2 (that I just picked up on that Amazon daily deal). She just looked at the price difference on Google and said it must not be as good because its so much cheaper. Typical woman.. but as far as Nikon's go she thinks they all must be great cameras because they are a Nikon. Women..
I find your "typical women" comments offensive. At my photo club last night, I sat at a table with three men with Nikons who either didn't know what my EM5 (or m43) is, or thought it a toy. I've also heard my brother say things very similar to what you describe. We women may be the minority on this forum, but we are here. Please remember that before you stereotype and/or insult us.

--
Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just went with my friend to Staples to see if he can get a D800 which is online, but not in store. Coupon wouldn't push through, but the manager pushed it through. Got it for $2099 instead of the $2999! Too bad they don't have the Omd in their catalog, boo!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ghetto

Mu-43 Regular
My heart cries when I read about the bargains you guys get in the USA. You guys have no idea of the prices the rest of us on the planet has to deal with. We're all getting heart aches reading this thread...

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
I never said typical. That is your word. That was not a word I used. To the contrary, I do not think there is anything typical about a woman (besides anatomy). I just said women. That's the Point I never know how my sisters going to act, But anyway it was said with a smirk. Everything is when it comes to dealing with my sister, I guess in type I wasn't conveying the tone properly, but you don't know my sisters in my Italian family. They can drive ya nutz..lol
Yes, a few sentences back, you said "typical woman." I don't want to argue, just wanted to remind you we aren't all like that. I get exasperated with my bro' who will buy anything expensive and glitzy looking because he thinks it must be the best. Thanks for your clarification, and my sympathies for having to endure your sister. : wink:

--
Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom