1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

30% off any camera at Staples.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Dec 5, 2012.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. billsnyder

billsnyder Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    I took this coupon to best buy and they coupon matched. I am the new owner of an OMD 12-50mm kit. Jackpot!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. curveshooter

curveshooter Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2012
    North Carolina
    Best Buy had the OMD in stock at the store? None of the BB stores near me has it. I can have it ordered to the store for pickup, but I'm guessing they wouldn't honor the coupon in that case.

4. billsnyder

billsnyder Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    They shipped it to my house for free.

5. curveshooter

curveshooter Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2012
    North Carolina
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you went to the store, they didn't have it in stock, but placed an order for you and accepted the coupon for a coupon match?

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Hah, that is sweet! I wouldn't have thought of dong that. No Staples or Best Buy would ever carry the OM-D in my city. Staples doesn't even carry Non-Reflex to begin with, only point-and-shoots here. But the coupon does just say 30% off any camera, lol.

Just read the fine print though, and it's only valid in the US. :(

7. billsnyder

billsnyder Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    Correct.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vinay

vinay Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2012
    Toronto
    I was just going to check!

9. dan623

dan623 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 6, 2012
    Wow - I'm going to head to Best Buy at lunch to try this on an OM-D kit!

10. billsnyder

billsnyder Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    Good luck! Post if it works.

11. dan623

dan623 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 6, 2012
    Did your local Best Buy carry it or was it online and they just ordered it for you? Did they give you any hassle?

12. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You guys are trying to GAS me up ... 30% off is mighty tempting. OM-D for ~$600 ... oh man.

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Nice!

14. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Both Best Buy and Staples have much larger selections online than in store. Both allow you to order the online items in store for delivery. If ordered in store, it's considered an instore purchase.

15. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Robert
    I know this is a m43 forum, but with Best Buy coupon matching this, nobody is thinking D4, 1D-X, 5dMkIII, etc? 30% off of those puppies is huge!!

I checked for the GH3, and of the GH series they inexplicably only show the GH1 - for $1299?!?!?!?!?!

16. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Do you know if how you order impacts their ability to honor the Staples coupon?

--Ken

17. billsnyder

billsnyder Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    The thought crossed my mind... a potential 6D preorder

18. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Staples sells the old 5DMKII. People used the 20% coupon to get that. People were also buying the D800 at 20% off at Staples.

The coupon matching thing at Best Buy is a new thing. It's nothing official but the BB mgrs have been encouraged to be more creative in generating revenue. BB is on the ropes. Last year, if you brought in a percentage off ad and asked them to price match, they would deny it. This year... I just used a Toy's 'R Us 10% off ad and the cashier sales matched it without blinking and without mgr approval. There's a button for it on her register.

19. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    It's been my experience with matching is that they will honor it under the exact terms of the coupon. For this coupon, it must be an in store order. All that really means for Best Buy or Staples is that it must be paid for in a physical store. In the past people could place orders at home for delivery at Staples.com and then take a print out to pay in store. They eliminated that feature but you can still do the same in every Staples store at the Kiosk.

In Best Buy they have an instore ordering system. Place the order there and it will be rung up exactly like an instore purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Thank you. This is helpful information. I have an appointment near a Best Buy this evening, so I will try and stop by if my wallet does not protest too much! :eek:

--Ken