3 more from today with GF1 + 20mm

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Iansky, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Took the GF1+20mm out again today and took these 3 in colour.
    • Like Like x 13
  2. GregP

GregP Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 13, 2011
    St Paul, Minnesota
    Very nice exposures, especially #1 & 2. I have this same camera and lens and have really enjoyed it.
  3. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks for sharing. Gives me a dilemma! Should I go for the 20mm, 45-200 or the 100-300. Too many choices. :smile:
  4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Did you do any post production work? If so, what kind? Did you use RAW as the base or jpg?

I love the colors on the first one, especially.
  5. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I love #2. Really great composition + good color = well done you!
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Ian, I'm loving the 1st one. Is this just before the sun goes down behind the horizon (golden hour) ?

Nice crop btw.
  7. steve1111

steve1111 Mu-43 Regular

Some really nice work. Gives me hope that with some experience, my GF1 will be able to turn out stuff like this.
  8. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    If you did, I'd like to see what the originals looked like and what you did to them. I feel like i'm not able to get as much as I can out of my pictures in Lightroom. Some of them look great OOC, but there are a lot that I feel have more potential that I can't seem to extract from them.
  9. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    20mm, but it depends on what you want to shoot.

Generally though, I think lenses like the 20mm bring out the best of m4/3rds. If you want to do tele with 4/3rds, you're going to get better results with something like the E-30 and the 50-200mm, and maybe a 1.4x or 2x TC if you need the extra reach and don't mind losing the f stops.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all for the feedback.
    I shoot all my images in Raw and process in Photoshop.
    My normal processing is:
    Contrast / Curves / Colour / Levels - if I feel the image needs it I will add a little vibrance and finally add Unsharp Mask before adding a border and saving.

I try and shoot all my images at base ISO and use Aperture Priority and minus 1/3rd EV.