3 more from today with GF1 + 20mm

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Iansky, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Took the GF1+20mm out again today and took these 3 in colour.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. GregP

GregP Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 13, 2011
    St Paul, Minnesota
    Very nice exposures, especially #1 & 2. I have this same camera and lens and have really enjoyed it.

3. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks for sharing. Gives me a dilemma! Should I go for the 20mm, 45-200 or the 100-300. Too many choices. :smile:

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Did you do any post production work? If so, what kind? Did you use RAW as the base or jpg?

I love the colors on the first one, especially.

5. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I love #2. Really great composition + good color = well done you!

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Ian, I'm loving the 1st one. Is this just before the sun goes down behind the horizon (golden hour) ?

Nice crop btw.

7. steve1111

steve1111 Mu-43 Regular

Some really nice work. Gives me hope that with some experience, my GF1 will be able to turn out stuff like this.

8. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    If you did, I'd like to see what the originals looked like and what you did to them. I feel like i'm not able to get as much as I can out of my pictures in Lightroom. Some of them look great OOC, but there are a lot that I feel have more potential that I can't seem to extract from them.

9. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    20mm, but it depends on what you want to shoot.

Generally though, I think lenses like the 20mm bring out the best of m4/3rds. If you want to do tele with 4/3rds, you're going to get better results with something like the E-30 and the 50-200mm, and maybe a 1.4x or 2x TC if you need the extra reach and don't mind losing the f stops.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all for the feedback.
    I shoot all my images in Raw and process in Photoshop.
    My normal processing is:
    Contrast / Curves / Colour / Levels - if I feel the image needs it I will add a little vibrance and finally add Unsharp Mask before adding a border and saving.

I try and shoot all my images at base ISO and use Aperture Priority and minus 1/3rd EV.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.