1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

2X Teleconverter??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sinpig, Dec 14, 2010.

1. sinpig

sinpig Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Superior, WI
    Has anyone have any luck, or for that matter any suggestions for a teleconverter that I can use with the G1??
    Amazon doesn't seem to have any for my Panny and Ebay has too much junk to sort through...

Thanks for your input.

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Interested also. Preferably maintain AF

3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    As far as I know, there are no real teleconvertors for the µ4/3 format.
    Not in the sense of some gear you put between the lens and the camera.
    That's what you meant, isn't it ?

But, there are perfectly good tele-extenders that you could use. Like the Olympus B300, the Nikon TCE-15ED ! Even Panasonic offers at least one, but I can't find the reference at the moment.

Inspired by the reading of this post in another forum (The GetDPI Photography Forums - View Single Post - Fun with Panasonic 100-300), I bought an Olympus B300 for as little as 25 Euro. I'm looking forward to receiving it in the next few days, and will test it and post the results here. Keep looking !

C U
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  4. sinpig

sinpig Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Superior, WI
    That's what I have been able to find for any other system (between camera and lens) but not for :43:

I'm going to check the link you gave me.

Now on the other hand I would also like something that "reduces" the focal length so I can have a real wide lens, you know to turn the 20mm into a 10mm that will be awesome, but no luck finding anything like it, so I guess it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

5. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    In the same sense as my previous post, you'll find plenty of wide angle convertors on the evilbay.

Here's just a short selection :

wide angle converter 52mm items - Get great deals on Lenses Filters, Camcorder Accessories items on eBay.com!

As long as you stick to the "big" manufacturers like Nikon, Canon, Olympus ... you should be OK as far as image quality is concerned.

Both "frontal " convertors will allow you to taste at extreme wide angle and medium tele for a fraction of the cost of such original lenses.

Have fun,
    Rafael