1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

2nd camera body, gf6

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by CrayzeeDiamond, Oct 12, 2014.

1. CrayzeeDiamond

CrayzeeDiamond New to Mu-43

May 3, 2014
    I've decided to get a new camera body to accompany my gx7. It's to prevent changing lens during picture taking. I read around the interwebs that the gf6 uses the same battery as the gx7, DMW-BLG10 or BLE9. Using the same battery is definitely an advantage right? I will be able to use the same charger, bring along the same battery in the bag. Seems hassle free. Is this like a correct way to choose a 2nd camera body?

As for the gf6 itself, does it produce good image quality? Is the noise/low light as good as lets say, epm2 or epl5? I've never own the epm2 or epl5. Reading forum discussions from here and there, it seems like they are capable camera. Usually i keep iso max at 1600. Anybody use the gf6 and gx7 can give me your feedback?

2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    The GF3, while probably not quite as good as the GF6 since it's a couple generations behind, can nonetheless be had for a song these days and is super fast and easy to use, as well as being smaller than any of the other GF series cams and smaller than any Panasonic except the GM line. You could pick up a good used one online for under $100.
    GX1•EP1•GF3•17/2.8•30/2.8

• Like Like x 1