2D to 3D video converter

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Herman, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    It seems that 2D video can be converterd to 3D content using special software.
    Which software you recommend?
    To convert any 2D video, like youtube video.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    dont think there is a simple solution to this automatically in any way that makes sense.

Clash of the Titans took 10 weeks of high powered hollywood effects to make it 3d from 2d and apparently it was awful.

I ask why do you want to do this?

3d movies failed in the 50's and they will fail again

Does 3D actually
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Or perhaps they won't fail this time, but even assuming the absolute best case, its likely to be quite a while before consumer level gear is gonna be able to do it adequately, let alone well. I definitely wouldn't mess with it now, given the amount of money Hollywood is spending developing the technology.

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Acc to me the 3D Samsung televisions converts in realtime 2D content into 3D.
    They have expensive hard- and software aboard.
  5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA

I really wish I would have not seen that movie in 3d. While avatar was good in 3d, Clash of the titans was not all that good in 3d.

The company I work for builds broadcast routers, and apparently at the last NAB in Vegas, all the rave was 3D tv. Unlike HD or even 1080p, it seems highly unlikely that being able to broadcast 3D will be here anytime soon, even though it seems like there are many people who want it.