28mm Super Takumar or Soligor 28mm 2.5?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by colbycheese, Jul 12, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    Which lens of the 2 is better? The soligor is cheaper but i am not sure if its any good. I think that the soligor lenses were made by other companies (like samyang, rokinon, etc). Anyways out of the 2 lenses, which one is better? In terms of optical performance? The advantage i see the soligor has over the takumar is that its not as slow. But is it any better otherwise?.

Edit: the version of the soligor i was interested is the 28mm 2.8 for om mount. I assume its probably similar but the max aperture is different.

here is a photo of the soligor lens i was considering.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You gotta slow down, man! :cool:
  3. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    I actually haven't bought anything. I have been asking for suggestions the past few days on the forum but i still haven't bought anything. Just seeing what all my options are what exactly do i need.
  4. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Takumar is probably better, but I don't see the purpose? Your signature says you own the Panasonic 25mm. Neither of those 28's are anywhere close to that lens in optics. Bought together, they're not even worth the sales tax you might pay on a PL 25mm.
  5. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    ya i have decided to put my funds elsewhere. I totally forgot that i purchased the industar 69 a few weeks ago. And i just asked myself, why do i need to buy a third lens in that range? There is no need. I'm better off saving for that native fisheye i want.
  6. EdH

EdH Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Although the C/Ds were Soligor's premium line of lenses, the Super Tak is likely to be better. I think Soligor serial numbers beginning with a 2 mean it was made by Sun – probably not one of the better manufacturers.

You've got the Industar 69 which seems to be a characterful lens, and one I'd like to try, but I think there's still room for a good 28mm in your collection, even if it's not one of these two!