27" 2560X1440 IPS Monitor for $289, same panel as the Apple 27" Cinema display.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Jun 22, 2012.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Link not working
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Link isn't working for me.
  4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Ooops. I was editing it trying to make it as "clean" as possible. Try it again now.
  5. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    Although the ebay link isn't working I'm pretty sure this is the monitor in question:

Micro Center - EQD EQ276W 27" LED Monitor 207597

It's a well known "secret" online that this is a FANTASTIC 27-inch IPS display that rivals MUCH more expensive screens. You can find out more info just by doing a Google search for "27 inch IPS Korea" in your spare time. However, most of the time that you buy the cheaper offers direct from Korea you run into screens with a few "stuck pixels."

If you get one with stuck pixels then some Korean sellers will let you return the monitor (at some cost to you) and they will ship another one to you. Then again, some sellers won't take the screen back over a few stuck pixels so you might end up with a less than perfect screen.

Microcenter here in the US is obviously charging a mark up, but if you get one with stuck pixels from Microcenter you can return it as defective at no cost to you.

Unfortunately, Microcenter usually can't keep these in stock for very long before they sell out and have to wait for a new shipment from Korea.
  6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I'm very tempted..I've been following these monitors on and off for a while. It's amazing how many people are reluctant to fork out cash on a monitor when everything you do, all those hours spent on the PC and the method of interacting with your PC is through the screen. Let alone people who care about photography..what's the point of investing in lenses and cameras if you can't truly appreciate the image (with an IPS panel!).
  7. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    I did invest in an IPS panel but mine is a 23" LG.

27" is very tempting...
  8. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    It might have the same panel but it is not this monitor.