Free Mu-43 App Updated for Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
If you like to access Mu-43.com from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android device*, be sure to download and try our free Mu-43 App! It's a simpler, faster, easier, and less bandwidth intensive way to use the forums.

For those of you already using the app, be sure to update to the latest version for various bugfixes and to make sure you have the latest functionality, such as the ability to "thank" posts.

To find the app, search for "Mu-43" in the App Store (Apple) or Play Store (Google).

If you like the app, please take a moment to rate it!

*Blackberry and Windows Phone users can get similar functionality using Tapatalk, a reasonably priced app supported by many forums.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Amin
I just noticed that this app had some trouble with 3G connection in Australia but always worked nicely with wi fi . WIll this update fix it?
Cheers
Bhupinder

sLorenzi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sidinei
Is there some possibility on this app working in Blackberries? Thx.

Edit: I just saw this: *Blackberry and Windows Phone users can get similar functionality using Tapatalk, a reasonably priced app supported by many forums.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Unfortunately the developer I'm working with doesn't support Blackberry. They say that there are plans for that, but no ETA.

BSH

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm on version 1.3.9. Is that the current version? Market doesn't show as update for me.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
So I'll try an update from Play Store, the app was what led me here and has become my must-have, how interesting that is!!

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
One request to all our app users: Before leaving a lower than ideal star rating for the app because it has a bug or feature missing, please consider the following:
  • Most sites like ours don't have an app like this, and it isn't cheap for us to provide for free without any ads on the app (the latter being subject to change). There is the cost of providing the app itself ($599/year plus) plus the associated server costs. App activity is >10% of overall forum activity, and that proportion is growing each month.
  • A higher rating for the app means more people are likely to try it, which brings more interest and activity to our community and makes this place better for everyone!

If you point out bugs or feature requests in these threads, I pass them along to our developer. If you want to contact the developer directly, you can do so here: Forum Runner Support - Powered by vBulletin

The only viable alternative developer is this one: Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

I chose ForumRunner over Tapatalk to develop our app because of personal communication with the ForumRunner owner/lead developer, what I perceived as the pace of development of the two apps, and feedback from members. We will continue to support Tapatalk for our members who prefer that option.

BSH

Mu-43 Veteran
Here's my feedback. On my phone (a 2+ year old Droid Eris running Android 2.1 rooted) the forum app crashes frequently and many images don't load. BTW, this is the only forum app I've ever downloaded. :)

You're welcome to delete this comment after passing to your developer.

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
Honestly, the app works pretty well on my Galaxy S2X (T989D, almost identical to the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 but without the bloatware) running unmodified 2.3.5. Loads quickly, makes it quick and easy to read and reply to threads when I'm out and about, and overall works quite well.

My only two gripes:
  • Doesn't always load images properly, even after refreshing a thread (comes up with white thumbnails for some pictures)
  • Over time builds a rather monsterous cache. Right now I'm sitting at 233 MB of cached files for this app.

Other than that, nothing to complain about. It's FREE and not ad-supported. What more could one ask for?

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Honestly, the app works pretty well ... Loads quickly, makes it quick and easy to read and reply to threads when I'm out and about, and overall works quite well.

My only two gripes:
  • Doesn't always load images properly, even after refreshing a thread (comes up with white thumbnails for some pictures)
  • Over time builds a rather monsterous cache. Right now I'm sitting at 233 MB of cached files for this app.

Other than that, nothing to complain about. It's FREE and not ad-supported. What more could one ask for?

I'll echo what everythingsablur said, although the image loading issue only happens for me very sporadically. I've only noticed it on a 3G/4G connection (not on WiFi), so it seems like it might be bandwidth related.

I just gave it a 5-star review. There's really nothing more I could expect from a free app. Thanks for making it available, Amin.

sLorenzi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sidinei
I got Tapatalk for Blackberry and it seems to work very well. Load the images in good resolution (better than when access the forum through the BB browser) and keep every changed topic in hand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Top Bottom