1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

25mm - Cheaper than Voigtlander but better than Fujian?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by the.growler, Jul 1, 2011.

1. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Any recommendations for a 25mm lens that is cheaper than Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 but better than Fujian 25mm f/1.4? That's a lot of ground to cover in terms of price and quality - any thoughts?

And, BTW, I love the Fujian 25mm f/1.4 for what it is and know that there a lot of great legacy lenses between 30mm - 40mm - I'm specifically looking for recommendations at 25mm. Thanks!

2. Trigeek

Trigeek Mu-43 Regular

Not sure if you have been keeping up with all of the recent announcements, but Panasonic just announced a 25mm f1.4 for around $599. There are a number of discussions about it on this forum. Are you asking specifically for a manual focus lens?

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, that's a Pana-Leica lens, and is also available in Four-Thirds mount. That's the one I would suggest as well. The Micro Four-Thirds version is cheaper than the Four-Thirds version (plus you won't need the adapter if you don't already have one).

4. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Trigeek, Ned:

Thank you for the suggestions! :smile:

As Trigeek guessed, I'm really looking for recommendations for manual focus, legacy glass. Should have made that clearer in my original post.

5. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Try a Vivitar 24mm f2.8. I have it in OM mount with adapter, It does great work, when I slow down and do my part. I have the one with 58mm filter size. It is a serious piece of glass. Meaning it is big and heavy. It is my "outdoor" lens on the G1, and just looks "right". Focus and aperture controls work great with this body. I have tried some of the 28mm versions of Vivitar and was very disappointed with results.