256GB SDXC for GX7?

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
Anyone know what the max SD card size that can be used on a GX7? A local store has a PNY 256GB SDXC card for $100… Seems like a deal to me…Just want to make sure I can use it…

thx

Barrikady

New to Mu-43
How do I thank a poster for his post? I have been looking for the method for quite some time and have been unable to find out how to do it
Thanks.

Barrikady

New to Mu-43
Hi,

The 'Thanks' link is on the bottom left of each post if using a browser; if using the mobile app, long-press on a post for a menu.

Barry
Barry,

Thanks for your response. I was afraid of that. There is no 'Thanks' link that I can see. I have attached a screenshot of the Mu-43 page. I'm using a Macintosh running OSX 10.9.3 and Safari as a web browserView attachment 33806

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
That's a great price, especially for 256GB and the read/write specs. For others who are interested, B&H also sells it for $120 which is still a great price for that capacity and spec.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Anyone know what the max SD card size that can be used on a GX7? A local store has a PNY 256GB SDXC card for $100… Seems like a deal to me…Just want to make sure I can use it…
The next question to ask is whether you should use it. I learned the hard way to stick to quality, currently using Sandisk Extreme 45 MB/s. Never going back to bargains.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Whether you should use an SD card this big is an entirely different matter. Personally, I just don't feel comfortable shooting that many images on one card. 64GB is the maximum capacity I feel comfortable with using.

I also use SanDisk cards on all of my cameras and prefer their Extreme Pro cards which have max speeds of 95MB/S read and 90MB/S write. I have yet to have any SanDisk card crap out on me whereas I've had a few from other brands that went into the garbage.

The next question to ask is whether you should use it. I learned the hard way to stick to quality, currently using Sandisk Extreme 45 MB/s. Never going back to bargains.

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
Whether you should use an SD card this big is an entirely different matter. Personally, I just don't feel comfortable shooting that many images on one card. 64GB is the maximum capacity I feel comfortable with using. I also use SanDisk cards on all of my cameras and prefer their Extreme Pro cards which have max speeds of 95MB/S read and 90MB/S write. I have yet to have any SanDisk card crap out on me whereas I've had a few from other brands that went into the garbage.
I was thinking more for video use. Thx!