25% off Refurbished Products on USA Olympus Outlet

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Soar, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Soar

Soar Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2013
    Texas
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    I was excited about this until I saw the selection was pretty much depleted... Not much good stuff left on the lenses page. 25% off might have been enough to get me to try the O25 1.8 over the PL25 ($319 refurb minus 25%) but even that is gone now :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Damn. They sent the promo code right after I went to bed :( Wonder if there was anything good in the lens dept.

4. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    The refurb section as far as lenses goes was already essentially empty this weekend even before the coupon. I gave it a quick look again at 6AM EST and there was nothing there. Though the desperate might check through out the day, sometimes something pops up mid-day. There were a variety of EP bodies available.

5. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    No real lenses to speak of, but sweet deal on the EM10 if you're in the market.

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Glad nothing good is on there. I don't need to be spending more money!

• Like Like x 3
  7. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    EM10's gone too.

8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Even the TG-3's are all sold out. I was hoping to pick one up for a beach trip next year. And I looked at them over the weekend to see if they were in stock. Very frustrating!

--Ken

9. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    Very poor selection right from the get go on this.

10. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Yeah I had been keeping an eye on the site for about a week on the off chance the hugely discounted 75mm might pop back. The 25mm was a slight temptation but not enough to pull the trigger on. Ahh well, guess there's no free lunch :)

11. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    It wasn't there. Looked the minute I got the email.

12. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I woke up at 415am... Couldn't sleep. Nothing in stock interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mu-43 mobile app

13. DanG

DanG Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 22, 2014
    I saw the Cyber Monday option appear last night, so was in there immediately. Nothing much of interest to me, but I did pick up a refurb Stylus 1 for my girlfriend at a nice price. I don't see it anymore, so that's sold out too.

14. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    I'm sure by tomorrow it will be restocked and of course the discount will be no longer.

15. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    I picked up a TG3. Been wanting another waterproof since my other TG ended up at the bottom of the lake in a paddle board trip.

16. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I wonder if it's still keeping the water out down there. :)

17. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Usually it takes some time for them to restock the refurbished section after sales. I think the point is to move as much merchandise as possible, so when they are out, it is usually because there are no ore refurbished units available, not becuase they are controlling the amount of sales merchandise. Now I could be very wrong, but if that is the case, they are allowing large amounts of time before making more merchandise available.

--Ken

18. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Guys, don't worry much. Everything will show up in stock once the coupon expires. Typical Olympus.

19. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I imagine they have a cap on what they want to sell at the ultra-discounted prices. Can't really blame them for that, I don't think.

20. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Could be, but not my experience from watching the site for a long time. When a "good" refurb comes in it will go out of stock very quickly even when not on sale. Something like the 12-40/2.8 gets snapped up within minutes or a few hours. And they typically don't even shut it off that quick - even during sales. Check the old threads. When many people pounce at once during a sale Olympus just tells them we are out of stock to fill your order, we will probably get more in a few weeks and will ship them when they come in. Many people have called and had coupons applied to previous orders placed a few days earlier, Olympus seems happy to apply to coupons to as much stock as they have including previously purchased stock! They seem more than willing to sell even more than what they physically have in stock when sales are on and only call something "out of stock" when it is already been back ordered by quite a few people. It is a limited supply. They don't make refurbs in a factory, you've got to wait for people to return some lenses first!