25% off refurbished at Olympus

steve16823

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Amazon had appealed a state court decision forcing it to collect sales tax.

You might find this interesting: I read a year or two ago that Amazon has done a 180 shift here and is now lobbying FOR the collection of sales taxes from out-of-state vendors. Why? Because Amazon has been focusing on rapid delivery, which means more localized distribution centers, which means Amazon must collect sales tax, putting them at a sales-tax disadvantage to other internet retailers.

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
They just apologized and told me to return the lens. I have to go to their website to fill out a form but no RMA number required. It is kinda old fashion TBH.

So they didn't offer to send you another refurbished item that was not dinged? Now I'm worried about the e-m5.. still haven't heard when it's shipping.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
They say 1-2 weeks shipping on the reconditioned camera bodies. I haven't heard on my E-PL5 yet either. But since it hasn't even been a week yet, I'm probably just impatient.

turtleboy133

Mu-43 Regular
So they didn't offer to send you another refurbished item that was not dinged? Now I'm worried about the e-m5.. still haven't heard when it's shipping.

My E-M5 with lens arrived. Looks brand-new. I wouldn't worry too much :)

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
I got my refurbish e-pm2 kit today and it looks unblemished and seems to work just fine. I'll post a few shots when I get a chance but I did miss Olympus AF when using the EOS M.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I sprung for a 17mm F1.8...coming tomorrow...said 2 weeks before it might ship, but they shipped within a day. Free 2 day shipping as well.

audiodrive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
jef
Mine's already arrived to my US shipping address. Now, Just need to sched a trip to the South to pick it up. Shipping is very fast

rusteel

Mu-43 Regular
hmmm, same here. i just checked my email and got this from Olympus.

Hello Olympus customer,
Thank you for your recent purchase with Olympus. We are writing to confirm an order that was placed with us recently, under your name. Please call us to verify this order at 1 800 622-6372 extension 105515 or 484 896-5515, so we can help to get this taken care of and shipped out as soon as possible. The order cannot be shipped until we speak to you concerning this order.

this is a first for me, had to call them just to confirm my order? what is going on? its already 10PM, so had to wait tomorrow and call them.

jomerads

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John S.
Got my black Oly 17mm 1.8. Seems fine. No dents or scuff marks. Lens without scratches. Focuses real soft and fast. I thought at first it wasn't focusing. This thing is small. I am used to the PL 25 and the Oly 75 which are both big compared to this lens. Seems new. The instruction sheet is a xerox copy of the original but all the information is there. Overall though I can't complain for the price I got it for.

John S.

Captiva

Mu-43 Regular
Still no shipping info from my early CyberMonday purchase...:frown:

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I got my 17mm F1.8 black refurb last night from Cyber Monday and it looks like new.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
On the UK refurb site, CYBERMONDAY doesn't work here, too late maybe :-(

spaceworm

New to Mu-43
Oh man I went through this also, such a hassle. Seems that they cross-reference your phone/address info and if they don't find a match they want you to call to confirm, but by then they run out of stock. Happened twice to me.

space

hmmm, same here. i just checked my email and got this from Olympus.

Hello Olympus customer,
Thank you for your recent purchase with Olympus. We are writing to confirm an order that was placed with us recently, under your name. Please call us to verify this order at 1 800 622-6372 extension 105515 or 484 896-5515, so we can help to get this taken care of and shipped out as soon as possible. The order cannot be shipped until we speak to you concerning this order.

this is a first for me, had to call them just to confirm my order? what is going on? its already 10PM, so had to wait tomorrow and call them.

rusteel

Mu-43 Regular
just called, talked to Javier, transferred to Nicole, to Maria... disconnected.
called again, talked to Diego, transfered to Nicole, to Elizabeth... boom! confirmed, will be ship today. waiting for email and tracking number. lol

Oh man I went through this also, such a hassle. Seems that they cross-reference your phone/address info and if they don't find a match they want you to call to confirm, but by then they run out of stock. Happened twice to me.

space

vtsteevo

Mu-43 Regular
Contemplating buying a refurb EM5, but some feedback in this thread is making me think twice. Cmon Olympus...

Captiva

Mu-43 Regular
Called first thing this AM with my order # from Cyber Monday. Order definitely got lost in the shuffle, but they are shipping today for Friday delivery assuming the 1/2 country doesn't ice over.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran

shepx13

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Just got an email from Olympus about my order. I ordered a silver epl5 and now they don't have any, even though my credit card was already charged. Offered to sell me a black one instead, or wait two weeks minimum for a silver.
Don't know whether to accept or tell them to shove it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mu-43 mobile app

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
just called, talked to Javier, transferred to Nicole, to Maria... disconnected.
called again, talked to Diego, transfered to Nicole, to Elizabeth... boom! confirmed, will be ship today. waiting for email and tracking number. lol

Went through this on friday. Still no sign of shipping or anything. They told me it may ship friday but we all know that didn't happen. I'm not sure they have them in stock.

Latest threads

Top Bottom