25% off refurbished at Olympus

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Got it for 356.00
You can still get a 40-150 from amazon at this moment for $149 shipped. So that's equivalent, but the warranty is better with a new two lens kit and Amazon still shows 8 two lens kits available via Adorama for $499.

My refurb EPL5 came in last month at 143 clicks. I would be disappointed with 910. Return is what I would do,

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
I agree, 900 is practically brand new.
True but not unusual to find second hands in the lower thousands either. To me it's more important to look unused or physically abused.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

spaceworm

New to Mu-43
Yeah, I agree.

Still with the promo 2-lens kit and the added warranty of a new one @ 480 (bh with discount), I will just return my refurb. Deal isn't as attractive now.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Myself, I blew it. I could have gotten a refurbed E-M5 with 12-50mm zoom for about $679. But I hesitated. It'd be nice if the refurb discount came back for New Year's.
I almost pulled the trigger twice, but the tax was what slowed me down. There are a few ebay sellers that sell the same refurb kit for $799 shipped, and with "eBay bucks" it comes very close to the Oly price shipped.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Mine just came today, earlier than expected. Silver E-PL5 looks brand new and only has 61 shutter actions. I almost wonder if they opened up new packages and stuck them in refurb boxes! :)

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
Mine just came today, earlier than expected. Silver E-PL5 looks brand new and only has 61 shutter actions. I almost wonder if they opened up new packages and stuck them in refurb boxes! :)
It's true, isn't it? But it's a legal thing. They can be identical to new - even with no more clicks than when they left the factory. A buyer can have received it, experienced remorse and simply sent it back. But it can't be sold as new. So it goes in the refurb box.

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
I just realized my lcd screen has some hot pixels, very close to the center. What's olympus policy on this? If I send it back will they send me a new refurb? This one looks pretty good and the sensor looks good.

And having a good look at the EVF, there's a bit of dirt there. it's not a hot pixel problem, it's really a bit of dirt.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I just realized my lcd screen has some hot pixels, very close to the center. What's olympus policy on this? If I send it back will they send me a new refurb? This one looks pretty good and the sensor looks good.

And having a good look at the EVF, there's a bit of dirt there. it's not a hot pixel problem, it's really a bit of dirt.
Did you try pixel mapping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mu-43 mobile app

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
Did you try pixel mapping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mu-43 mobile app
They don't show up on the photos. It's really the LCD and evf. I like the warranty idea but not having the camera around with a new baby is tough :)

I'm sure the evf only needs some air blown on it and I think I could live with the LCD. Ai ai..

It's significantly better than my epl1..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom