25% off refurbished at Olympus

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I got the same message. Since I really want the silver one and don't need it right away, I told them I would wait.

Hello Olympus Customers.

We are writing about the order you placed on December 2, 2013 and December
6, 2013. The item listed above is not currently in stock. We do have the
E-PL5 BLK 14-42mm 2R BLK, available for immediate shipment.

Please advise if you would like to accept this item. The E-PL5 SLV 14-42mm
2R SLV will be approximately two weeks before it will ship.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Blackandgold

New to Mu-43
I ordered my refurbished OMD EM5 with 14-42 lens on 12/2 and it arrived on 12/9. Both the body and lens are in perfect condition. The shutter count on the camera is 32. Very happy!

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
70-300 arrived today and is as new. On the other hand, took advantage of the discount and got a Stylus TG-2, and it was beat up, and missing accessories. It is going back.

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
Got an email from olympus. All E-M5 are delayed for up to a month...

If you purchased an E-M5, 75-300mm lens, or 17mm lens, we MAY have one for you within the next month or so. If you would like to wait, there is no need to take any action, your order will be filled as soon as we have it again. If you would like it cancelled, please call us and we will take care of it right away.

Then they give a coupon for before Dec 31. :)

mgs

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Matthew
Finally received my E-PM2 refurb kit after 8 days thanks to UPS. The kit lens looks new, the camera has very superficial, tiny marks on the lens cap but otherwise flawless and works fine.

Captiva

Mu-43 Regular
After rattling cages Monday morning 75-300 arrived today (Wed) about 48 hours later just in time for my first graders Christmas concert performance.

If this is "refurbished" I would love to see their "new.

Lens looks untouched.

shepx13

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ken
I'm very, very disappointed in Olympus. It's bad enough that they charged my card for an item they didn't have in stock (and waited 7 days to notify me), but I emailed them 2 days ago to make sure they were sure they would have more silver in stock in "2 weeks", and I've yet to get a response.
They've almost lost all the goodwill I had from their quick repair time on my old TG camera.

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
Yeah, they didn't reply to my last email. The coupon they offered did not work either. On top of that they say e-m5 + 12-50 is 1-2 weeks but they really have no idea when they'll have them at all. It seems you either get lucky or you don't... :)

Maybe the e-m5 is just not meant to be.

rusteel

Mu-43 Regular
got mine last night, finally! the E-PL5 had a small scratch on the LCD (unrecognizable really), with 420 shutter count still looks brand new. can't wait to use it this weekend. :)

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
Is it normal for olympus to ship overnight and not email saying it has been shipped ?

Captiva

Mu-43 Regular
I get the impression they were not ready for the Christmas shopping season.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't think they're really set up for retail operations, they probably don't have a large volume of orders most of the time. And I suspect most of their wholesale orders come right from Japan.

spaceworm

New to Mu-43
got my epl5 tonight, looks ok with some small scratches on the metal mount base and 910 shutter actuations... keeper? or go with a new with 2kit lens on sale?

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
E-m5 arrived with 170 shutter count. Looks immaculate. Not sure packaging is the same as retail. Looks are jumbled in a box.

Does the camera crash sometimes?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
got my epl5 tonight, looks ok with some small scratches on the metal mount base and 910 shutter actuations... keeper? or go with a new with 2kit lens on sale?

How much was the E-PL5 that you got? The two-lens kit is $499, right? If you have no other micro four-thirds lenses, I'd be tempted to go for the new kit.

Myself, I blew it. I could have gotten a refurbed E-M5 with 12-50mm zoom for about $679. But I hesitated. It'd be nice if the refurb discount came back for New Year's.

burdickjp

Mu-43 Veteran
E-M5 came in last week or so with ~500 shutter count. My wife got her hands on it, and a memory card in it, and started playing with it before I could get my hands on it, so I don't have an exact number, but ~500 is close.

spaceworm

New to Mu-43
How much was the E-PL5 that you got? The two-lens kit is $499, right? If you have no other micro four-thirds lenses, I'd be tempted to go for the new kit.

Myself, I blew it. I could have gotten a refurbed E-M5 with 12-50mm zoom for about $679. But I hesitated. It'd be nice if the refurb discount came back for New Year's.

Got it for 356.00

Latest threads

Top Bottom