25% off refurbished at Olympus

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I've ordered a lot of Oly refurb stuff, never even a mark, always looks/works as new. Never had to return a single piece. I just got the 70-300 for $360. That's a GREAT price!

Here's a weird justification I got in my Nikon days... Cameras are mass-produced, boxed and shipped, where time is critical to profit. A refurb, on the other hand, has been looked over individually by a technician (usually their better techs, I was told), and brought into spec on a table with much more time being spent on its compliance to those specs. Therefore, the refurbs can often be BETTER cameras functionally. Makes a weird sort of sense...

Shangul

Mu-43 Rookie
I looked but couldn't find it, could someone please give me the link to the refurbished product page on the Oly site.... ?
Thanks very much

leungw

Deal Hunter
Real Name
Willy

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
They definitely either took some things down, or else they sold out instantly. Most of the prime lenses are missing, only the black 17mm is remaining. And some of the accessories appear to be gone. However, most of the refurb bodies were there when I checked this morning.

The best deals are probably the 17mm 1.8, E-PM2, E-PL5, and E-M5 with lenses.

spaceworm

New to Mu-43
Also got the black EPL5 as soon as I got the cybermonday email for $356 incl ca tax and cancelled the EP3 that I ordered last thurs for $280.
Hope I made a good decision.

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
So you guys never buy the extended warranty? 90 days only and you never had any problem? With extended warranty this brings the em-5 (although who knows when they'll deliver) to roughly 650 but I'd be worried about it crapping out in 6 months or so...

audiodrive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
jef
Hoping my order will be fulfilled since I am buying from Canada. I had it ship to a US address and pay thru Paypal...

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
So you guys never buy the extended warranty? 90 days only and you never had any problem? With extended warranty this brings the em-5 (although who knows when they'll deliver) to roughly 650 but I'd be worried about it crapping out in 6 months or so...
I'd think it LESS likely to "crap out" and just personally HATE extended warranties, but that's just me...

JeanLucX

Mu-43 Regular
I plan to pick up the 4 years extended warranty from BH for 60 after i receive my lens. I just hope it isn't beaten up too much. It is gonna be my first refurbished lens from Olympus.

brunatius

Mu-43 Rookie
I'd think it LESS likely to "crap out" and just personally HATE extended warranties, but that's just me...
Yeah, I don't get extended either. It's just that it's only 90 days, as opposed to the normal year extended by credit cards :-]

Any idea how much it would cost to have olympus look at it and repair outside warranty?

My old e-pl1 is still going strong !

BigCTM

Mu-43 Regular
I did the exact same thing!

Also got the black EPL5 as soon as I got the cybermonday email for $356 incl ca tax and cancelled the EP3 that I ordered last thurs for $280.

lakota

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Roger
good luck you guys never get any offers over here in Ireland just get the olympus newsletters for the us

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
I think so. The E-PL5 is a great camera with the next gen sensor. I don't remember if the E-P3 had the flip out screen but that's a nice feature of the E-pl5 as it allows for waist level shooting. I only got rid of mine to buy the EM5.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom