25% off refurbished at Olympus

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Dec 2, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Olympus has 25% off of refurbished products with the code CYBERMONDAY

Just ordered an E-PL5 with the kit lens for $350 after tax.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    Great discount, but wish they still have the 60mm or the 75mm.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. turtleboy133

turtleboy133 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 13, 2011
    Thanks! This is a great discount. Just ordered an EM-5.
  4. JeanLucX

JeanLucX Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    anyone with any experience with Olympus refurbished? I kinda want to get the refurbished 75-300mm but don't know how well they are. I had Canon refurbished before and it was like new but never seen anything refurbished from Olympus before.
  5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks for the heads up!
  6. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I bought a couple of refurbished products from Olympus and they both looked and worked like new. The only negative was in the return process - the item I sent back was received, but I had to call to remind them to credit my card.
  7. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I've been trying to hold off on an E-M5 purchase until spring but this is making it extremely difficult.

Also: I already have one, but it seems to me the VF-2 at $102 after discount is a pretty good deal for someone who doesn't.
  8. JeanLucX

JeanLucX Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    Cool! Thanks. I will go ahead and order the 75-300mm before it is too late:) Hope it will turn out ok. I know Canon refurbished is good but I am not entirely possible about Olympus.
  9. Captiva

Captiva Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    My experience with Oly refurbished has been that this is how they sell overstock, or boxes with frayed corners from poor handling/stocking.

Ordered the 75-300.
  10. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA

Noticed that the new 75-300 is cheaper than the old one. Whatever, I guess. Haha.
  11. mgs

mgs Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 30, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    Thank you! Just picked up an E-PM2 with the discount! Maybe because I'm new but I can't see a way to thank people for their posts? [edit: nevermind, I see it now right after I made this post for some reason...]
    • Like Like x 1
  12. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    There are some things that you cannot do with too few post. For example, you cannot PM other members. Perhaps, the same is true for thanking them.
  13. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    They are making it really hard to resist ordering an E-M5.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    E-M5 for 540$ sweet deals you got there :)
  15. Stewmander

Stewmander Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    This. They charge tax in CA, so that helped me resist haha. Although, I could try to PM at Cameta, hmmm...
  16. rusteel

rusteel Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2011
    Kansas City, KS
    you're my hero! been scouring since Black Friday for E-PL5 all over the web. been looking for a second body for less than 400 bucks and this deal is even better. just bought it for 353 after tax. now my aging Lumix G2 has a new brother, yay!
  17. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Thats unfortunate. They were both showing until this sale began. Either sold out quick or they pulled them off.
  18. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Yup, I saw this. You can get a refurbished E-M5 with 12-50mm WR lens for under $700. I think it works out to $689. I'm trying to decide if I still want an E-M5.
  19. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
  20. Biggstr

Biggstr Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Ashburn, VA
    Olympus 25% Discount Refurbished

I've put together quite a large kit of PEN cameras and lenses at great savings by buying Olympus refurbished. Never had a problem so nothing has been returned. Sometimes the gear appears new (PM1 with only 42 activations; E-P3 with only 74 activations) though at other times a camera body may look new but have 1,500 activations. The lenses have always been pristine. I watch the Olympus refurbished site daily as a surfing distraction and it does appear that they pulled some of the camera and lens selections for the 25% off Cyber Monday promotion. Hope they put them back. I'm not in the market for anything currently on the promotion list.