25 does street

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Iansky, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Took the GX1+25 f1.4 out today when I went to Cheltenham, grabbed a couple of images that I am happy with so thought I would share them.

This lens is a great performer.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

First of all, two very good photos that illustrate the quality of the lens!! I also was thinking when I saw the second picture...."seniors still read newspapers?" because I am one that doesn't read the printed...only the on line and even that is getting far to much news that we do not need. Much better looking at other peoples (like yours) photo skills and enjoying the chatter over the new bird on the street.....OMD-5!:2thumbs:
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The contrast in these is outstanding! I love both, but really resonate with the second - I still read the paper every morning. :biggrin:
  4. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    I like the second image. There is ascending heights of the subjects' heads that creates perspective by the use the the "Leading Lines" technique.

Thank you for sharing.
  5. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Great photos, Ian. Love the expression and features of the man selling the Echo as well as the chap you caught in mid-yawn in the second photo.
  6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Excellent Post Processing and I, too, am enjoying the PL 25mm 1.4
  7. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thank you all for the kind words.

I am finding the 25mm renders really sharp images and Nik Silver Efex Pro2 compliments it really well for street work.
  8. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Great piece of work!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    No 1 is good, but No 2 is masterfull - a real decisive moment!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    My weapons of choice! :thumbup:
  11. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Fantastic work - thank you for sharing, Ian!

I seem to remember you using the 20/1.7 a lot at F4.... are you using the PL25 at the same aperture most of the time?