24-hour sale at Olympus Outlet

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Just received via email:

-------------

24 hours only! Use coupon SUMMER20 for 20% off OM-D cameras, lenses & more. Shop Outlet.

olympus-lg.

CAMERAS LENSES AUDIO ACCESSORIES WEEKLY DEALS OUTLET
    FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $100+
    00_headline.

01_d1.

GET FREE SHIPPING
    ON ORDERS OF $100 & OVER!
    02_d2_btn2.

px1.

QUANTITIES EXTREMELY LIMITED. ENDS 6/14.

bluebase.

BUY DIRECTLY FROM OLYMPUS

why4_ship.

FREE SHIPPING
    on orders $100 & over. Flat $5 shipping rate for other orders.

why4_prod.

GENUINE PRODUCTS

Full warranty protection, plus a broad selection of colors & accessories.

why4_save.

OLYMPUS REWARDS
    Earn points and use on future purchases. Join today and get started.

why4_excl.

EXCITING OFFERS
    Grab a great deal on popular Olympus cameras and lenses.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    not a ton of stuff, but the 75/1.8 for <$450 is a sweet deal

3. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    It seems they raised prices on the lenses, in some cases more than 20%, which washes out the discount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yup. I got the message about the sale while I was on the road. I went to the site as soon as I got home... and the 75mm was already gone. Nothing else in stock interests me. I have all the lenses and, since I have the E-M1 (Marks I and II), I have no need for an E-M5 II.

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    No incentive to buy anything until the E-M1 Mk.2 comes down in price. I have all the lenses I want.

6. Andy H.

Andy H. Mu-43 Regular

Yep...they make you think you're getting a deal, but still stick it to you. Not a fan of their price/discount games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    I don't see any deals and I'm in no rush. Will be waiting till year 2020 to buy my copy of the E-M1 II. In that time, it will not only be on sale and probably be half the price as well. In the meantime, the E-5 and E-P5 will make do. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Egregius V

Egregius V Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 14, 2015
    Massachusetts, USA
    Rev. Gregory Vozzo
    I didn't get the e-mail this time. That's happened before. I wonder if there's some kind of targeted marketing going on.

Prices were a lot better last year. Supply and demand, I guess.

9. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    ^^ Like you, didn't get an email, even though I'm on their mailing list.

10. Mr Bassie

Mr Bassie Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2016
    Richmond Virginia
    I also got no email.

11. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I've rarely ever gotten the email. Even when I've gotten the text alert. Yesterday was the first time I got the email at the start. Nothing I wanted or needed.

12. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    I thought hard about the 75mm.

But I purchased a 12mm f2.0 in the spring of 2016 for $360 ($480 at 25% off). It's $480 ($600 at 20% off) this time.

13. You can set up to get text messages from Olympus. You will get them when there is a sale.

14. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, I considered the 12 as well, but I thought I remembered it being sub $400 at some point. I do think the price for the 75 was about as low as I've seen it though.

15. Gregory

Gregory Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2017
    What price/discount games? I've seen no raising of prices only to be followed by a phony discount. Can you give an example?

16. Andy H.

Andy H. Mu-43 Regular

$299 for a refurb 25mm when the recently discounted price for a new one was just ..... you guessed it ...... $299!

17. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I don't understand your problem. Are you saying that the discounted price for the new lens being the same as the regular price for a refurb lens is somehow cheating the customer?

Its not like they are raising the price of the refurbs and then offering discounts. They have a price for the refurbs which seems to be pretty constant irrespective of discounts. In the last two years, I have seen the 25mm/1.8 refurb listed at 259, 279 and 299 at various times. The refurb prices are on the higher end of the range right now, but I have seen the 20% discount codes even when the refurb prices were lower.

18. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    I'd like to assume that the inconsistencies with price are due to varying inventory levels of refurbs, not Oly "playing games" with prices. But the prices do vary a bit. I guess it really doesn't matter why. We can be patient and diligent and try to find that lowest price point. Or not.

19. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I received several other email messages from them, but not this one. Quite annoyed as I was looking at the refurbished Pen-F bodies earlier this week and would have bought one if I received the message in a timely manner.

--Ken

20. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm getting more garbage emails then ever from Oly, but I only heard about the sale via text.