24-hour clock

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'd like the option to see times displayed in 24-hr format ... because I'm the sort of sad-sack who winces when he sees "04:30pm" ...

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
It's very handy when you're working across time zones. As well as being a computer geek and clueless photographer, I'm a radio amateur, so I'm used to using 1630 hrs UTC (or Zulu), but if it's tea and scones it's still 4.15 :)

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
want to keep accurate time? get a cat....it will wake you at 4:30 am....not 1630hrs....oh...they even adjust for daylight savings time ( after about a week )

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
It's very handy when you're working across time zones. As well as being a computer geek and clueless photographer, I'm a radio amateur, so I'm used to using 1630 hrs UTC (or Zulu), but if it's tea and scones it's still 4.15 :)
See, therein lay the problem, you want your scones and eat them too...
no matter what clock you use....
Amin will never budge on this.... BB, well, she's gonna like the regular time for the US...
me, I'm military time because I am.....

besides, when it's all said and done... it's coffee and scones.....

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
See, therein lay the problem, you want your scones and eat them too...
no matter what clock you use....
Amin will never budge on this.... BB, well, she's gonna like the regular time for the US...
me, I'm military time because I am.....

besides, when it's all said and done... it's coffee and scones.....
And we'll save the best for the guys and girls in the military - they deserve them :)

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1aMTWdQnzo]YouTube - The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today - DJ Luis Mario "Flaco" Orellana[/ame]

Or

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElQ8vXN8eI]YouTube - Bread It Don't Matter to Me[/ame]

Whatever floats everyone's "boat", time wise.

avidone

Mu-43 Top Veteran
hey! it's not just the military/industrial complex, but, for instance, most of Europe-- even if we say "half past four in the afternoon" we need to see "16:30" to tell us that

Pan Korop

Mu-43 Veteran
What about a 1982 French movie named Quarter to two BC ?
Same country, spelling out sixteen-fourty-six instead of quarter to fivish is not military-industrial, but taunted as the railroad attendants' complex...

As for 24 hours displays, there are some rare analog watches. Great photographer's tool to check where/when the sun will be, if you're familiar with the solar compass trick.
Good enough to bring Charles Lindbergh across the Atlantic...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom