1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

$239.99 Panasonic DMC-G5 Body Ebay Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by MSmith, Aug 9, 2013.

1. MSmith

MSmith New to Mu-43

Aug 9, 2013
    Panasonic Lumix DMC G5 16MP Digital Camera Body Black New USA Warranty Roberts 885170098794 | eBay

This is brand new in box from an authorized Panasonic dealer as an Ebay daily deal. At $239 this is the lowest price I can find by far. The lowest I can find any other place is on Amazon for $299 so this beats that price by $60. I imagine these will sell out quickly at this price. Free shipping included!

Includes:
    Li-ion Battery
    Charger
    USB cable
    Body Cap
    Shoulder Strap
    Software CD-ROM

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Actually, I would bet it's a precursor to lots of folks offering that price, at least for a short while, just like the GX1 $199 deal a couple of months back.

3. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Great....I had been saving up to buy a new lens for my E-PM1 and then you post this and I end up buying one. Now I'll never get another lens and I don't even have a lens for this camera (except of course the ones for my Oly :rolleyes:)

I have been looking at the G5 but have been hesitant because of having to learn the controls of another brand of camera, concerns over the size (I did get into M43 for the smallness after all) and concerns that the image quality of the G5 would be disappointing. But, I have been wanting a camera with a touch/tilt/swivel screen and more buttons. Well, if I hate it, at least I didn't spend too much on it.

4. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Just look at it as a small'ish DSLR :smile:

5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi... I have a simple advice .... Go ahead and get it but GX1 at 199 is even better choice for you . This is a good price and you can sell you PM1 for USD 100 easily .
    Cheers

6. harryz

harryz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Igor
    Hate this site ))
    I couldn't resist. Ordered one. Have to sell somethin now. Who wanna buy ep1?

Sent from my Desire HD using Mu-43 mobile app

7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Lol lol :drinks::drinks:

8. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    it is definitely selling like hotcakes on the page, some ppl actually bought 5 G5s in 1 go

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    :biggrin: I thought the G3 at $250 was a heck of a deal. The G5 looks like it's not a great "in your pocket" camera but a great "in your hand" camera.

10. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    These will start showing up on eBay in a few weeks...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

11. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Dang, that's cheap. What did these cost when they first came out?

12. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

$540 USD I believe.

13. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    $700 actually ($800 with kit lens). And that was barely a year ago.

14. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    698 with the kit lens and 499 body only according to MSRP on B&H.

So, 240 is just below half price.

I ordered one and they say it is on the way. I'm already having buyer's remorse, but I always have buyer's remorse. It's a character flaw I think. But my main concern is that since it is bigger, I may not want to actually carry it around like I do my Mini Pen. And that I won't like the JPEGs as much as I do out of the Oly. I know I can shoot raw, but my spare time is very limited and I much prefer spending it doing other things than processing RAW images. I have been very pleased with the JPEGs out of the Mini Pen. I have not been as pleased with the handling of the camera nor the lack of my ability to use the camera for action shots. I am hoping that I will have better success with the G5 on those counts. I picked up my Canon last night and it felt like a brick to me after using the Mini Pen for so long. But it also felt almost connected straight to my brain as far as the responsiveness goes. I have missed that. I hope the G5 at least comes close. We'll see.

15. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    At any of those prices this is still less than half price of the MSRP. Great deal by any measure.

16. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Is the flaw the remorse or buying in the first place? :biggrin:

I sold my G3 because I liked the IQ of the PL5 better. IQ and size won out over nicer ergs. I looked at some reviews and they were inconsistent over whether the G5 had better IQ than the G3. I realize that opinions like this are highly idiosyncratic.

17. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    It was at least $599 for the body only on release.

18. Sellout

Sellout New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2013
    Oregon
    Bethany
    Price went up to $329.