1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

20mm v's wide angle.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Danny_Two, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    I was wondering if anyone here has both the Panny 20mm and either the Oly or Panasonic mft wide angle lens.
    If you have, would it be possible to post a picture take with the 20mm and a wide angle so I can compare the width?

Just set a left or right point to I can get an idea of the difference if possible, doesn't need to be micron perfect.
    :smile:

2. dulaney22

dulaney22 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    Not these lenses or system, but the Nikon website has a good simulator that will show you the difference in 40mm v 14-18 on full frame.

3. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Thanks, but im specifically interested in the difference between the 20mm that I have and a dedicated wide angle, so I can judge whether its worth buying a wide angle lens.

4. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    i have both the 20mm and the oly 9-18, they are quite different beasts. the 20mm doesn't feel wide after using the 9-18.

Depends what you go for when you shoot and your subjects. try fixing your kit lens to 14-18 (not great to simulate the widest of the wide angle lens) and at 20mm to get a feel for the focal lengths. the field of view may be slightly different but it is still a reasonable indicator. :)

• Like Like x 1