20mm v's wide angle.

Danny_Two

Mu-43 Regular
I was wondering if anyone here has both the Panny 20mm and either the Oly or Panasonic mft wide angle lens.
If you have, would it be possible to post a picture take with the 20mm and a wide angle so I can compare the width?

Just set a left or right point to I can get an idea of the difference if possible, doesn't need to be micron perfect.
:smile:

dulaney22

Mu-43 Regular
Not these lenses or system, but the Nikon website has a good simulator that will show you the difference in 40mm v 14-18 on full frame.

Danny_Two

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, but im specifically interested in the difference between the 20mm that I have and a dedicated wide angle, so I can judge whether its worth buying a wide angle lens.

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
i have both the 20mm and the oly 9-18, they are quite different beasts. the 20mm doesn't feel wide after using the 9-18.

Depends what you go for when you shoot and your subjects. try fixing your kit lens to 14-18 (not great to simulate the widest of the wide angle lens) and at 20mm to get a feel for the focal lengths. the field of view may be slightly different but it is still a reasonable indicator. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom