1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

20mm v's wide angle.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Danny_Two, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    I was wondering if anyone here has both the Panny 20mm and either the Oly or Panasonic mft wide angle lens.
    If you have, would it be possible to post a picture take with the 20mm and a wide angle so I can compare the width?

Just set a left or right point to I can get an idea of the difference if possible, doesn't need to be micron perfect.
    :smile:

2. dulaney22

dulaney22 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    Not these lenses or system, but the Nikon website has a good simulator that will show you the difference in 40mm v 14-18 on full frame.

3. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Thanks, but im specifically interested in the difference between the 20mm that I have and a dedicated wide angle, so I can judge whether its worth buying a wide angle lens.

4. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    i have both the 20mm and the oly 9-18, they are quite different beasts. the 20mm doesn't feel wide after using the 9-18.

Depends what you go for when you shoot and your subjects. try fixing your kit lens to 14-18 (not great to simulate the widest of the wide angle lens) and at 20mm to get a feel for the focal lengths. the field of view may be slightly different but it is still a reasonable indicator. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.