20mm on EPL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by xxtupikxx, May 15, 2010.

1. xxtupikxx

xxtupikxx New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2010
    Has anybody used the Panny 20mm on any of the PENs and can comment on the chromatic aberration observed in JPGs?

2. kahren

kahren Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

My 20 is 'glued' to my E-P2. As a bonus you get IBIS (it lacks OIS).
  4. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    That lens is something very special!!
  5. blackSP

blackSP Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2010
    Here too. I bought the EP2 with 14-42mm 2 months ago and a few weeks later the 20mm Pany which has not left the body since. It's a truly magnificent lens!
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

E-PL1 and the 20mm

Use it quite often on my E-PL1 and have quite a few photos to prove it which you can see on the https://www.mu-43.com/f42/e-pl1-image-thread-1590/, my Flickr pages, or here:

As for chromatic abberation, I'm too ignorant to notice.:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Ha! That's pretty much me too - stuff like that's gotta be pretty bad for me to even notice it and even then only when I'm REALLY looking. I actually saw some CA off toward the edges of one of my test shots with the 9-18 when I first got it, but I was pixel peeping after comments from some other folks and that's what it took to see it. It certainly didn't hurt the photograph for the way actual human beings look at photography.

Haven't noticed any flaws with the 20mm Pany at all. Great lens. I wouldn't say its glued to my camera - I definitely find uses for the other lenses, but its become my favorite and primary default lens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    One of the things I love about the 20mm f1.7, is that it's optically excellent (unlike the other m4/3rds lenses which rely sometimes heavily on software correction)... it seems to be made for the Olympus PEN.

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
    1/2s f/16.0 at 20.0mm iso100

• Like Like x 2