2015 Roundup: Interchangeable Lens Cameras $500-800: DPreview

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by TNcasual, Nov 12, 2015.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    DPreview released there new listing.

Surprisingly their top three are mirrorless: best overall-a6000, best for video-G7, honorable mention E-M10 II.

There choice of groupings are a little odd, but it is nice to see mirrorless and especially m43 get the attention.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I read that article. Mu43 is well represented by the G7 and EM10 II
  3. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    what a shame GX8 is out of the price range...
  4. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    It's just my opinion but I think DPReview has too many cameras to review to do an competent job of reviewing cameras (this applies to other sites as well). The constant onslaught of new bodies, lenses, software, etc. presented for evaluation makes it impossible to do adequate testing over a short period of time. Equipment and software needs to used for longer periods to make relevant evaluations.

It also seems to me anyway, that Sony is getting the lion's share of attention amongst camera vendors followed by Nikon and Canon these days and there maybe some bias towards FF bodies, mirrorless or not.

At any rate I often take their reviews or impressions with a grain of salt preferring instead to read feedback from real world users over a period of time. That being said, I think it pays to rent equipment if possible for testing firsthand when consider an expensive outlay of money.
  5. photoeagle

photoeagle Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2015
    Brad Harris
    The bias by reviewers favors Sony. Even if the product is basically afterthought to their full franes
  6. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    How many well known pros have you heard leave Sony for Nikon or Canon? The trend I see and hear is Nikon and Canon FF shooters moving to A7RII.

Camera Database | DxOMark