1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

2015 Canadian F1 GP: OMD EM5 w/ Olympus 40-150mm f2.8 PRO & 1.4x Teleconverter

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by pydoublee, Jun 11, 2015.

1. pydoublee

pydoublee Mu-43 Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Hello everyone!

I recently went to the 2015 Canadian F1 GP in Montreal, and I had a chance to use my Olympus 40-150mm f2.8 PRO, Olympus 1.4x Teleconverter, and the Olympus red dot sight (EE-1) with my OMD EM5.

Overall the setup was easy to carry (I use a Think Tank Urban Approach 15 backpack) and easy to use. The lens and teleconverter combo provided sharp images, much sharper than the Panasonic 100-300mm. I would've preferred a bit more reach like the Panasonic, but the image quality is only acceptable at 300mm on the Panasonic.

To capture the fast cars, I put the camera on manual and manually prefocused on a spot. I used an aperture of f8.0 to provide a wide depth of field, a shutter speed of 1600, and auto ISO. The red dot sight really helped when I tracked the cars around the bend. The only issue I found with the red dot sight is that it was hard to calibrate without a tripod... it was difficult to balance the camera steady with one hand and calibrating the setup with the other.

I'm not a professional motorsports photographer (I hope to be someday!), but I hope you will enjoy these images. Maybe I will see more micro 4/3 users at the races in the future!

Here is the entire gallery: http://www.peteryeestudios.com/2015_canadian_f1

Cheers,
    Pete

[​IMG]
    Red Bull F1 team.

[​IMG]
    Rush hour.

[​IMG]
    2008 & 2014 F1 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton.

[​IMG]
    2010 - 2013 F1 World Champion, Sebastian Vettel.

[​IMG]
    Sunday afternoon drive.

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Very clear and sharp.

• Like Like x 1