1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

2012-2013 NBA season

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Adubo, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    so here we are, 2 days into the season, things are getting interesting. the beard (Harden) was traded to the Rockets and well, shot the lights out with a whopping 37/12/6 game, how's that for an answer if he can handle the "star player pressure", Lake-show is still No-show, losing to DAL and POR, Anthony Davis's Hornets lost to the aging (but still a championship team) Spurs.

tomorrows NYK vs BKN and SAS vs OKC are great games (BKN vs NYK game's post-poned). i play 2k13 on PS3 and it has this online thing that we can vote (guess) who's gonna win, i voted for the NYK and SAS, i live the underdogs :biggrin:

and of course, Ray Allen, burned the C's with 19/3/3... with LBJ, DWade, Bosh dropping the usual numbers... it was the Celtic defense that made 'em lose IMO... they don't usually give away 120points; they were 2nd ranked in least allowed PPG last season

any other bball nutcases out here? :biggrin: basketball here in the PI is so big, it's something every village/subdivision--Nay, every street-- every street has a basketball court.

who's your pick to win the championship this year?:smile:

top playoff teams IMO

EAST

1. MIA
    2. IND
    3. BOS
    4. PHILY
    5. BKN
    6. CHI
    7. NYK
    8. ATL

WEST

1. OKC
    2. LAL
    3. SAS
    4. LAC
    5. MIN
    6. MEM
    7. HOU
    8. DAL

mine's right here :cool::cool::cool::cool:

i'm a huge Celtics fan (and FCBarcelona on football)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/89174825@N03/8145000103/" title="Untitled by mabuhay-mu43, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="450" alt="Untitled"></a>

2. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Yes, I'm A huge basketball nutcase, and a MN timberwolves fan. We finally have a decent team put together again, only to have our two best players (Rubio & Love) out until December sometime.

I like the Harden trade for all parties involved. Should be a great year, so long as the Heat don't win again...

3. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    One more thing. I still love KG, warts and all.

4. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    This early I'm saying it boils down to Celtics vs Heat in the East. You can take that to the bank. :biggrin:

5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I'm excited how Kirilenko fits in there. They have enough fire power in Love, Roy and Rubio, and defensive presence of two big men in Pekovic and AK47. Bench is a problem tho, not a deep bench to rotate... They have to keep Rubio and Love healthy when they come back.

That Harden trade was a shocker, they lost a lot with Harden (and gained a few in KMart), gained a lot in the near future in Jeremy Lamb. (The trade later on revealed to be a salary cap thing).. I doubt Harden will resign with the Rockets next year tho, he won't stay there for sure (unless they become a real contender in the west and add more pieces)

6. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    The Celtics arguably has the best bench players in the league right now (MIA has a deeeeep bench too, Clippers also) I think its MIA vs BOS too, but Jeff Green has to step his game up and prove that he can play up with the hype he had in OKC and in the pre season. He's big enough, strong enough, athletic enough to atleast stop LBJ for a few possessions, Pierce can't handle him with his age and all that.

7. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    CLIPPERS

bring on the lakers! 0-3 for those suckers after friday!!!

andrew, you left utah off your top 8. i think they're gonna be a sleeper team this year and probably take Minn's spot.

8. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Celtics was a few minutes away from the NBA Championship series last season. This year, almost same core minus Ray Allen plus big off-season picks = on paper should be a stronger team. Love the work that Danny Ainge did.

9. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Its about time Ainge did his job tho. First time they have a nice team since the 07-08 team. Almost traded Rondo, shopped Ray too much and too publicly... So Ray-Ray drilled 19P in the game opener. And ofcourse, the south beach big three plus Ray, and a lot of hard working guys are the main target. They have the trophy and as KG said, we won't stop at anything, nor anyone.

10. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I have high hopes for MIN. They have a very strong first team, who can compete with any team... But bench's another story. I reckon UTA's gonna be at the 8th spot, DAL/UTA, if anyone's gonna take my MIN spot, its POR. They're my sleeper team. Lilliard's proving to be as advertized, Aldridge looks healthy, Batum plays well and really looooong (ala Durant) Matthews's a grinder.... On another thought, GSW is another team that might slip. Man, WEST has too much OK teams its hard to decide which team takes which spot.

I like the Clips over LAL, maybe just because I'm a Celtic. :biggrin:

11. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    I wouldn't go as far as having the top 8 but maybe 4 :smile:

EAST
    1. MIA
    2. BOS
    3. ATL
    4. CHI

WEST
    1. SAS
    2. LAL
    3. SAS
    4. OKC

and for the record, I've been a Miami fan since the expansion or at least when they drafted Glen Rice ... then Pat Riley came along! :thumbup:

12. Kingsfan

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    oh, and don't forget about denver!

13. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    No judgement here, mate :wink: I'm shocked you have ATL up there... I have IND ahead of BOS and CHI, I think DRose won't be back until the playoffs...? And till then, I don't think they're gonna push him to be the DRose we know. First major injury and I hope they get him back to shape ASAP. CHI gonna struggle without a prime player like Rose, Teague isn't cut to it, neither is Heinrich.

OKC at 4?! Man, who's number 3? The Clips? Clips bench is deeeep. Hill, Odom (I hope he recovers from last season), Barnes, Bledsoe, etc.

OKC vs SAS/LAL in west finals I think

14. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I'll re-do my west list.... Haven't thought about DEN and I know they're gonna make the playoffs agan. Man, WEST is deep. :eek:

15. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    I actually like the MN bench:
    Steimsma at the 5, with Amundson behind him
    Cunningham, Derrick Williams and Chase Budinger at the forard spots
    Russian import Shved, barrea and luke what's his name at the guard spots. Strongest bench we've seen around here in years.

Love what the Celtics did. Jason Terry and Lee will help a lot. I love Ray Allen, but I thought he's been very inconsistent for the last couple years.

16. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Ooohhh. I forgot about Budinger and Luke Ridnour. Haven't seen Shved play, Barrea's a ball hog IMO (he into a fight with KLove last season because he won't share the ball LOL). They're a strong team tho, wouldn't be surprised if they get to the 2nd round. DEN's another, if UTA's gonna make the playoffs they're gonna take up the 8th IMO. HOU, with Harden right now just made them a play offs team. Now that that's out, I think DAL won't make it, MEM has to play extremely well too to make the cut, they need to work harder for their Playoffs spot this season. Bottom 3 of my WEST top 8 has a bit of work around. Glad WAS CLE and CHA's in the EAST hehe

17. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    LOL ... Bulls are ok without Rose but not great. They'll make it high in the playoffs. I don't know, I saw IND play the TOR last night and they almost lost ... to the RAPTORS!!!! hehe

ATL has been good in the regular season for the past 2 years, I don't think that will change much. Seriously, from 2 - 8 in the East, you can easily swap at least 10 teams there. :wink:

Yes, 3rd team would be LAC. I thought they did well last year. As for OKC, they lost Harden, the one and only reason their bench was productive last year. Without him, their bench becomes mediocre at best.

18. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I agree. The only teams I think on my top8's that won't move are the top 3s. They're standings are not as competitive as the WEST tho. Every team in the west has great potential. The Kings looking great for the future as long as they develop the young guys and Cousins break out of his fugly attitude, NOLA too, Rivers isn't impressive :sad: from college Assist/Turnover ratio, to pre-season stats, to 1/9 shooting for his first game and to immitate Kobe (atleast that's what I think he's projecting. Someone who's a stone cold (clutch) scorer and a ballhog), atleast they have Gordon and Vasquez. GSW are getting there, too much run and gun for me tho, PHX is another one with Scola, Dragic, Gortat, Dudley, Beasley, etc.

ATL lost a lot in Joe Johnson, Teague's getting better but I don't think they'll last long in the Playoffs. I'm excited to watch a Bobcats game (for the first time) just to see how much they improved. They sucked too bad last season. Kemba Walker has great potential.

19. Kingsfan

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    yeah clippers!!!

PS - OKC should've traded westbrook instead...

20. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Harden is a monster! 43P in today's game! BOS LAL are losing! Bobcats has a better record than those two

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App