2010 MazdaSpeed 3 - e-pl1, 20mm

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, Jul 27, 2012.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    the goto night shot lens, the Panny 20mm f/1.7

shot in cloudy conditions....

my new Leica Summilux 25mm f/1.4 is here..... will test it tonight..
    • Like Like x 24
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    You get clouds in NM?!?

Incredible shots...as always. I'm surprised you're not working for a car magazine or automotive PR firm by now. That Mazdaspeed is more my style than your usual American muscle, I just wish Mazda's designers would do something different with that grinning maw on the front end.

As much as you have done with the P20, I am very intrigued to see what you'll wring out of the PL25.
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I like the nose on the CX-5 a lot. Once that gets down to the next gen Mz3, we might get a very handsome car.
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Wow. How'd you get that lighting?

We have an 07 Mazda 3 and 2010 Mazda 6. I'm one of the oddballs that likes the Smiley face of the Mazda 3.

Fyi, the 2014 Mazda 6 will have the nose of the cx5.
  5. shuttertherapy

shuttertherapy Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
  6. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Did you use and led flashlight to light it?
  7. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Wow, beautiful. That camera is a gem and lens combination seems to be working really well for you. Like others, I am curious about the lighting setup as well.
  8. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
  9. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I look forward to hearing what you think of the Pany-Leica Summilux 25mm f/1.4 vs the Pany 20mm f1.7 in terms of image detail and sharpness. Does the 25mm f/1.4 deliver a noticable amount of extra image detail and sharpness?

Theoretically the E-PL1 - the sharpest of all the Pen cameras - coupled to the 25mm f/1.4 - the sharpest of all the available native prime lenses - should be the ultimate combo.
  10. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    I'm with ya. The smilely really grew on me... it's unique =) I need to take mine out one day to actually shoot it.
  11. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Helluva great job! Love the lighting and how it hits the color of the car and how it stands out from the background color. You captured the stars as well!

12. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice car shots! What did you use for lighting?
  13. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I don't have anything to say Lucille and I am speechless. You are so talented and camera is really not an issue for u . Now I have one suggestion . Can u compile all ur car shots under one thread like ..
    Super sexy car portraits - An ongoing thread by Lucille and the u keep on posting those shots there .. We are very lucky to have you in this forum Lucille . Keep it up .Please do tell us about the lighting .
    Hats off to u again Lucille and its sheer talent which matters the most and not camera . Now I am curious what u are gonna do with ur PL25 mm 1.4 lens
    • Like Like x 1
  14. steve1111

steve1111 Mu-43 Regular

Awe inspiring photos. Fantastic job!
  15. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    for lighting I simply used a cheap led torch I bought at Lowes, it was somethinglike $3.99, runs on 3 aa batterys and has 9 small led lights, most any led flashlight/torch would suffice...
  16. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    love those ultraleggeras, (got a set of supers myself)!
  17. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Excellent juxtaposition between the iridescent Mazda blue and the New Mexico orange colored sky. Reminds me of the Natalie Cole song.

That 3AAA, 9-LED flashlight's output tends to gravitate heavily towards the blue end of the light spectrum with a color temperature of 8000-9000 Kelvin. This adds to the patina of the automobile; however, does not appear to affect way the camera interprets the hue of the backdrop.

Nice use of the cheapie light's output to the advantage of the overall image even tho you may not have intended it that way.:biggrin:

Nonetheless, great job and thanks for sharing.
  18. atomic

atomic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    I really need to get out and try this. I've got a couple cars begging for this treatment. I've already got the camera, lens and torch. I just need a wash, a wax, a good location and some cooperation from the weather.

I second the motion to make a separate thread for all these awesome shots!
  19. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
  20. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't even know these cars were turbocharged! I have a soft spot for turbocharged sportbacks!