1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

$2000 of photography ebooks, videos etc for $89 for 5 days

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by coffeecat, Oct 15, 2014.

1. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    This looks interesting, and seems to be the second such "event".

https://5daydeal.com/

Looks legit, and is basically about $2000 worth of photography training ebooks, video, plus LR presets etc.

Price is $89, of which 10% goes to charity. Seems to be available worldwide.
    Products amount to circa 39GB of digital stuff which you have 3 weeks to download.
    Some well-known names in there.

Deal runs for 5 days only, and we are partway through day 1.

I'm sure some people will want to take a punt! I had a lot of trouble with the website not working for me (in about 5 different browsers...) but got in eventually, although I've not bought it yet.

Rob

• Like Like x 2
  2. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    It looks like a good deal...

3. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    It is legit and it is a very good deal. Just for the Zack Arias workshop, it would be worth it. I bought it this afternoon and am downloading it atm. They split it in many small files because overall, it is around 35GB.

4. palombasso

palombasso Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    Good package but crappy download experience.

They should have thought of something based on a torrent seeding or a external downloader (like on GOG)

5. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Zack speaks my language...

6. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Ugh. I just bought this, and is says that my license key for Topaz ReMask has already been registered by someone else.

Looks like they have some kinks to work out.

7. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    it is a pdf you download or a true ebook that goes into your e-reader? --- and if so which readers is it compatible with?

8. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    PDF. You can probably get them into your e-reader anyway?

9. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I got the fist one. The Lindsey Adler and Jaime Ibarra video's were worth the price last time. $2,000 is a bit hyperbolic as I found most of the first bundle relatively basic concepts that can be found for the amazing price of free. However if you have never been to a seminar or live event workshop these are nice little sampler platters. Some of the presentations were meh, the ebooks were fine, texture packs, plug ins and the like are a nice little touch.

IMO, on this one is I'll probably get it. Zack Arias doesn't thrill me at all, I find him to be to pretentious. But there's another Adler, and Ibarra set and after the last one I'd say $89 is likely worth it, especially seeing as I like Craft and Vision which is really heavily featured.

10. Blaidd

Blaidd New to Mu-43

Oct 10, 2014
    I picked up one off these the other year and have enjoyed it. For the discounted price it was worth it with all the presets and software that came with it.

11. monowav

monowav Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Jake
    I bought it. I'm excited to read/watch it all once i get through the enormous download size.

12. loloban

loloban Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 13, 2013
    california
    Thanks
    Can't wait to learn from it

13. JohnN

JohnN Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    I wasn't sure to be honest but went for it, partly because its going to good causes.

I've noted that there are issues with the codes so be sure to get in touch with their support to get your codes issues - Topaz, Portrait Lighting on Location, and Advanced Techniques in Liquid and Splash Hi-Speed Photography

14. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I ordered it this morning, downloaded 11 files and now the site is non-responsive. I hope they get this going. I did read that we have until November 10 to download everything though.

15. JohnN

JohnN Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Odd, I just got the last of mine down.

16. NWright

NWright Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Michigan
    It's been on and off for me..we'll see how it goes

17. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    More than half way there.

18. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    yeah same as the first time around. They just don't have the server capacity to take care of all the site hits.

19. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I finally got them all, most came in while I was away from my computer. Now to see if I can get through all of them.

20. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Quick update -- this offer is no longer available.

But then those who can add 5 to 15 will already know that. :wink:

• Like Like x 1