2000 Member Photo Contest: 'Aging' - Ends August 1, 2010 ($100, $50, $25 prizes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Update: Voting has now started and will continue until 23:59:59 GMT (19:99:99 EST) on August 7. Please visit the contest gallery and vote!

-------------------------------

To recognize our 2000-member milestone, we're having a photo contest with the theme Aging (Ageing). The theme is open to any interpretation.

Contest Prizes* (in US dollars, payable via PayPal, Amazon gift certificate, or personal check according to winner preference and location):

• 1st Place: $100
  • 2nd Place: $50
  • 3rd Place: $25
Ties may be resolved via run-off or dividing the prize, depending on the situation.

Contest Rules:

• Participants must be registered members who have made no fewer than 3 sensible posts here at mu-43.com.
  • You may enter a photo now and post later, but both the contest entry and the 3 qualifying posts must be made on or prior to August 1, 2010 (GMT).
  • Only one photo submission per person.
  • You may only enter a photograph which you yourself have made.
  • The photo must have been taken with a Micro Four Thirds camera.
  • Maximum photo dimension must not exceed 1024 pixels.
  • The photo may have been taken at any time.
  • Mu-43.com admins and moderators may compete but are ineligible for prizes (in the event that a mod wins, the prize will go to the next contestant in line).

Of course you continue to hold all rights reserved. We have no intention of trying to gain any rights to your photograph. You can remove it from the gallery/forum any time.

To enter the contest:

1. First, upload your photo to this gallery: Aging - Ends August 1, 2010 - Mu-43 Gallery. That gallery is where the voting will take place.
  2. Make a post in this discussion thread and embed the photo which you uploaded to the gallery. The purpose of this second step is to bump this thread giving both the contest and your entry more exposure.
For more information about using the gallery and posting images, please see the links in our FAQ.

Voting will end at midnight (GMT) on August 8, 2010 (1 week after the August 1 entry submission deadline).

Please help support our bandwidth costs and contests like this one by shopping via our affiliate link banners with your next purchase.

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
"Participants must be registered members who have made no fewer than 3 sensible posts here at mu-43.com"

Well, that excludes me right off the top. Talk about narrowing the playing field quickly Amin.

Bokeh D

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Rafa,
Hey, good to see you here.
To upload to that gallery, click on the link...then click on upload images that's sits on the upper right...
then click browse...to get the photo from your machine and click upload...
that's it...
any issues with anything....let me know...
your DPI pal...Don

Rawfa

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, Don, old pal :D
I've managed to upload the photo.

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hmm... Not the easiest subject Amin... But I must come up with something, because I love the :43:.com contestse!

(Maybe I will call my father and ask if I can take a photo of him, he is OVER 60 years old:eek:)

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
:wink:Hey, watch that agism Vidar. Over 60 and below 90 is the new middle age!

Aging is really quite a broad subject, if you think about it.:biggrin:

I know, my father still runs like a madman up and down mountains, can be hard to follow him (especially downhill).

Guess I wil need to find someone/something else to shot for this contest:confused::confused::confused:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
To enter the contest:

1. First, upload your photo to this gallery: Aging - Ends August 1, 2010 - Mu-43 Gallery. That gallery is where the voting will take place.
  2. Make a post in this discussion thread and embed the photo which you uploaded to the gallery. The purpose of this second step is to bump this thread giving both the contest and your entry more exposure.
Don't forget to post your image in this thread if you upload it to the Gallery!

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
looking over my shots , i was struck by the juxtoposition of the older couple on the subway, their
bodies as comfortable and touching as teenagers ,enjoying some quiet time ...an advert behind them has a young hopefuls showing technology education copy .... some young people look off in the distance .... a door opens and closes, again and again

age.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
These are the hands of my Poppa (Grandfather) and my newest baby cousin. My poppa is now getting very frail and i enjoyed being able to get a picture of both of them. No matter how old we are, where we come from, or our background we still feel comfort by someone holding our hands.

The Hands Of Time............

Ageing-Edit.jpg

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
Life passing by
2yzmutt.jpg

Taken with Panasonic G1 and Panasonic 45-200mm.
I won't describe it, but I hope you will relate it to the title and theme of the contest. If you have any questions, shoot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom