2000 Member Photo Contest: 'Aging' - Ends August 1, 2010 ($100, $50, $25 prizes)

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Update: Voting has now started and will continue until 23:59:59 GMT (19:99:99 EST) on August 7. Please visit the contest gallery and vote!

-------------------------------

To recognize our 2000-member milestone, we're having a photo contest with the theme Aging (Ageing). The theme is open to any interpretation.

Contest Prizes* (in US dollars, payable via PayPal, Amazon gift certificate, or personal check according to winner preference and location):

• 1st Place: $100
    • 2nd Place: $50
    • 3rd Place: $25
    Ties may be resolved via run-off or dividing the prize, depending on the situation.

Contest Rules:

• Participants must be registered members who have made no fewer than 3 sensible posts here at mu-43.com.
    • You may enter a photo now and post later, but both the contest entry and the 3 qualifying posts must be made on or prior to August 1, 2010 (GMT).
    • Only one photo submission per person.
    • You may only enter a photograph which you yourself have made.
    • The photo must have been taken with a Micro Four Thirds camera.
    • Maximum photo dimension must not exceed 1024 pixels.
    • The photo may have been taken at any time.
    • Mu-43.com admins and moderators may compete but are ineligible for prizes (in the event that a mod wins, the prize will go to the next contestant in line).

Of course you continue to hold all rights reserved. We have no intention of trying to gain any rights to your photograph. You can remove it from the gallery/forum any time.

To enter the contest:

1. First, upload your photo to this gallery: Aging - Ends August 1, 2010 - Mu-43 Gallery. That gallery is where the voting will take place.
    2. Make a post in this discussion thread and embed the photo which you uploaded to the gallery. The purpose of this second step is to bump this thread giving both the contest and your entry more exposure.
    For more information about using the gallery and posting images, please see the links in our FAQ.

Voting will end at midnight (GMT) on August 8, 2010 (1 week after the August 1 entry submission deadline).

Please help support our bandwidth costs and contests like this one by shopping via our affiliate link banners with your next purchase.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    "Participants must be registered members who have made no fewer than 3 sensible posts here at mu-43.com"

Well, that excludes me right off the top. Talk about narrowing the playing field quickly Amin.

Bokeh D

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rawfa

Rawfa Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 17, 2009
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Rafa,
    Hey, good to see you here.
    To upload to that gallery, click on the link...then click on upload images that's sits on the upper right...
    then click browse...to get the photo from your machine and click upload...
    that's it...
    any issues with anything....let me know...
    your DPI pal...Don

• Like Like x 6
  5. Rawfa

Rawfa Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Thanks, Don, old pal :D
    I've managed to upload the photo.

6. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Hmm... Not the easiest subject Amin... But I must come up with something, because I love the :43:.com contestse!

(Maybe I will call my father and ask if I can take a photo of him, he is OVER 60 years old:eek:)

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

:wink:Hey, watch that agism Vidar. Over 60 and below 90 is the new middle age!

Aging is really quite a broad subject, if you think about it.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vidar

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    I know, my father still runs like a madman up and down mountains, can be hard to follow him (especially downhill).

Guess I wil need to find someone/something else to shot for this contest:confused::confused::confused:

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Well not necessarily. I was pulling your leg, as you know. I think we've already gotten a few photos uploaded. I, too, better get a move on!

10. Vidar

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    I know BB:wink:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Don't forget to post your image in this thread if you upload it to the Gallery!

• Like Like x 2
  12. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    looking over my shots , i was struck by the juxtoposition of the older couple on the subway, their
    bodies as comfortable and touching as teenagers ,enjoying some quiet time ...an advert behind them has a young hopefuls showing technology education copy .... some young people look off in the distance .... a door opens and closes, again and again

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  13. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Cosina, that's an excellent image...
    they tell me I'm too old to be a judge so no favoritism intended....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

These are the hands of my Poppa (Grandfather) and my newest baby cousin. My poppa is now getting very frail and i enjoyed being able to get a picture of both of them. No matter how old we are, where we come from, or our background we still feel comfort by someone holding our hands.

The Hands Of Time............

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  15. CalebPhotographer

CalebPhotographer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    Would love to participate but I've been sick :(

16. deevee38

deevee38 New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    The aging blacksmith

He's a true last blacksmith working iron for the Pioneer Living Museum in Phoenix; one has to admire his craft, one that 's slowly fading in this electronic age.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  17. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    Life passing by
    [​IMG]
    Taken with Panasonic G1 and Panasonic 45-200mm.
    I won't describe it, but I hope you will relate it to the title and theme of the contest. If you have any questions, shoot :)

• Like Like x 12
  18. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    is it one photo per member?

19. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  20. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    thanks amin.
    i think i'll try to shoot a new image for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.