20% off back on Olympus refurbished

svtquattro

Mu-43 Veteran
I ordered an E-PM2 2 lens kit, shipping forwarding to Canada, and then realized than after paying tax twice, shipping, and duty, and exchange rate, I may as all have gotten a brand new kit from Olympus Canada for an extra $40. :(
And they shipped the wrong color, and told me that I need to refuse shipment, get it refunded, and then order again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling me which forwarding service to Canada you used?

I shipped to a relative in NY and asked him to ship it to me...At least they accepted a bogus billing address, since I couldn't enter my Canadian address in their web form!

JCWOlson

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling me which forwarding service to Canada you used?

I shipped to a relative in NY and asked him to ship it to me...At least they accepted a bogus billing address, since I couldn't enter my Canadian address in their web form!
I used Shipito, though Reship also works well. I've never lost a package to either of them, and the extra services are reasonably priced - like a picture showing the condition of what's in the package for an extra dollar. Handling fee is only a dollar as well, plus I guess DHL/UPS give them as price break that they keep as profit.

Far as payment to Olympus went, they took my credit card with my US address

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran

I did the same the last time this sale was up. Got a friend in Cali to buy for me and then ship it my way.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
My refurb black E-PL5 came today... P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! $305 including tax and shipping. Not bad.

Never had this one before, really sweet little camera! A perfect fit on my Gigapan EPIC head.

-Dan-

Mu-43 Regular
Received my refurb 17mm 1.8 today- free upgrade to 2-day shipping! This lens is indistinguishable from new. Think I'll be very happy.
Same here. Only disappointing part was the packaging. The lens came in its original rather big box a little bubble wrap but nothing else. This was packaged in a larger box without really any additional packaging so the lens was flying around for 2 days. Last time I bought refurb from Olympus last May was def better packaging. Aside from that, lens appears pristine too. No dirt, dust or any other elements/signs of use

mrkinnex

New to Mu-43
Same here. Only disappointing part was the packaging. The lens came in its original rather big box a little bubble wrap but nothing else. This was packaged in a larger box without really any additional packaging so the lens was flying around for 2 days. Last time I bought refurb from Olympus last May was def better packaging. Aside from that, lens appears pristine too. No dirt, dust or any other elements/signs of use
Huh... mine came well-cushioned both within the refurb box and the outer carton. I wonder if it just depends on the mood of the person doing the shipping?

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
The air bubble protecting/securing the camera and its box was completely deflated when I opened my box, but the camera seems fine. They also shipped a totally uncharged battery, which is no big deal, but I was a bit surprised that it did not even have a bit of charge init. Also, it was an older battery, but no worries, the important stuff seems to be OK.

--Ken

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The air bubble protecting/securing the camera and its box was completely deflated when I opened my box, but the camera seems fine. They also shipped a totally uncharged battery, which is no big deal, but I was a bit surprised that it did not even have a bit of charge init. Also, it was an older battery, but no worries, the important stuff seems to be OK.

--Ken
Same thing happened to my air cushion. But each part within the refurb box was bubble wrapped and well packed, so it didn't hurt anything. The battery was charged too. :)

stw

Mu-43 Regular
I had the same type of packaging. The smaller box was kinda sorta surrounded by those larger 'air pillows', but not enough to keep it from sliding around a bit. And the lens was loosely packed in bubble wrap. A quick inspection showed that it seems to be in good condition though...surprisingly, given the crappy packaging.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The poor packing on refurb lenses from Olympus is very typical. My 12/2 was rattling around in a large box just in a bubble wrap pouch. That was a couple of years ago. Apparently nothing has changed!

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It always amuses me how well or poorly things are packed. I've had cheap vintage lenses off ebay wrapped in several inches of bubble wrap, and $500 camera tossed in a box with little padding...

zlatko-photo

Mu-43 Veteran
One more deflated air pack here ...

I bought a lens and it came in a thin bubble wrap pouch inside the Reconditioned product box, and that box was inside a shipping box with a completely deflated air pack. Not good. Fortunately the lens looks good and works well. No problems with it as far as I can tell.

taz98spin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What's strange with my order is the 75/1.8 hood came in the original retail box (no scratches or marks) but the VF-4 came in a blue refurbished box.

katiedaddy

Mu-43 Regular
What's strange with my order is the 75/1.8 hood came in the original retail box (no scratches or marks) but the VF-4 came in a blue refurbished box.
I am still waiting on my VF-4 to ship... Did you order the hood for 75mm or did they include a hood for the 75mm lens you ordered?

Darthpnoy88

Mu-43 Regular
Received my XZ2 today seems like new and not even used at all. The only flaws I notice is the small minor scuffs in the ring I feel probably Olympus decided to sell it as refurbished rather than brand new.

Captiva

Mu-43 Regular
Placed my order 3/22/14. Wondered where things stood and got this back:

"We do apologize but this lens is currently on back order, we do hope to be able to ship it in the next 1-2 weeks."

Hope is not a strategy IMHO.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Placed my order 3/22/14. Wondered where things stood and got this back:

"We do apologize but this lens is currently on back order, we do hope to be able to ship it in the next 1-2 weeks."

Hope is not a strategy IMHO.
Olympus sometimes oversells refurbs during their sales. Probably a poor inventory system, or a retail end that doesn't reserve an item while it is someone's cart.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom