1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

2 lens' 2 cameras

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gtesta13, Aug 15, 2013.

1. gtesta13

gtesta13 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2013
    If you were to go on a trip and wanted to carry two cameras with a prime on each instead of one camera and switching lens' which combo would you choose out of my options ??

Oly e-pl2
    Oly om-d e-m5
    Oly 17 1.8
    Oly 45 1.8

My opinion is that the 45mm is better than the 17mm which I believe many agree with. Would you put the better lens on the better camera or even things out and put the 45mm on the epl2 ?
    Or would it not matter ?

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I got it. I'd put the 45 on EM5 since i think that's better to shoot at eye level.

3. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Yes for sure.
    It also has better image stabilization which is more needed with the longer focal length.
    Rudy

4. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Are you going to be the sole photographer for both bodies? Which body do you prefer to shoot with most, and which lens do you prefer to shoot the most? That would be how my decision would be made if they were both only for my use. The B-roll camera gets the B lens since it isn't shot as much.

Unfortunately, I live in a two person, two camera body household. So whenever we're on vacation, wifey gets the good body with her preferred lens (14-140, because she hates changing lenses and likes the versatility of a superzoom), and I get the ole' GF1. :biggrin:

5. gtesta13

gtesta13 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2013
    Well I have another person going with me but she rarely likes to take pictures, she loves photography but is slightly technologically challenged haha. She would be carrying one but if I need the 17mm for something if just get it from her... I like the em5 and the 45 better ! But truth be told I probably wouldn't know the difference in which camera was used when looking back at my pictures ... I was just curious as to others opinions

6. sigamy

sigamy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    I'd put the 17mm on the PEN for a nice small package for landscape, street and other wide stuff that you can frame on the LCD.

7. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    This is how I roll.

6970108894_ff06b271b0_b.

I think you will take more shots with your 17mm lens because it's wide angle. That's why I'd put it on the OM-D. You will mostly use 45/1.8 to capture details and portraits which usually require less dynamic range than landscapes and scenery. That's why it's better to use this lens together with the E-PL2.

8. gtesta13

gtesta13 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2013
    This is what I was looking for, I think I agree...I think my 45mm on the pen will do me just fine for portraits, at least good enough for my eye. Any other persuasive opinions still welcome