1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

(2) FREE 8x10 Prints at your Local Walgreens

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ryansinibaldi, May 10, 2012.

1. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Thanks Ryan,

I'll be sue to take up the offer.

3. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
    I did just to see how their prints come out. They're pretty decent, and free! Overall I'm pretty pleased and for a regular price of $2.99 I'll probably print more.

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I've had some 8-by-10's done by a Walgreens in the small Louisiana town of Boutte; the folks there did a really nice job! The Walgreens website works well; post the images, pick up the finished prints an hour or so later. Not MPix or one of the other high-end printers, but not bad at all.

5. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    Very good to learn about this. I have two recent images I was actually considering printing anyway; this gives me a wonderful excuse :thumbup:

Edit: They're where I get most of my prints done. The Fuji's do a really good job for the price.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I've never been happy with prints done there, but I'll try again....it's probably my crap photos more than anything.

7. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    If you need any special services, the Walgreens of the world won't be your destination. For an important birthday portrait of my grandson, I used a local print shop; gave them a JPEG and my layered PSD file. They saw some flaws that would have been noticeable in the 16 x 20 print I ordered, and they went ahead and fixed the problems. I was very pleased with the outcome. For any future special assignments, I'll be seeing them again.

8. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    So I took advantage of this offer; it was probably a good thing I didn't pay for them. The prints, technically, are fine. However, I uploaded two images in 6x6 format figuring I'd trim the long side (one is my avatar image). No, young kid running the Fuji machine has probably never seen a square format, flipped and cropped them to fit on the 8x10 sheet. I may go back tomorrow and discuss it with them, maybe not. But it was a humorous reminder that people don't always see things the same way.

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    You can't really expect them to get that stuff right. When printing an 8 by 10, either crop to 8 x 10 or add bars at top and bottom, but this is certainly a good reminder for infrequent printers. We get used to cropping to suit our needs on the screen without regard to printing aspect ratios.