1st of May weekend with G1 and Nikkor lenses

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by f6cvalkyrie, May 3, 2010.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium

here's a mixed bag of pics I shot during last weekend, all with G1 and Nikkor lenses.

Nikkor 24/2.0

Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8

Comments and critique highly appreciated !

C U
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

My comments are that I am very glad you posted these. Spring is such a glorious time of year and these shots of yours show the season in its different modes.

I am torn about my favorite. It's either your last one, which is very impressionistic or perhaps it's more reminiscent of pointillism? I do like each one, but my other tie for favorite is the second in line "Home town spring blossoms" because I enjoy the surreal quality - that super bright sky background give this branch of cherry blossoms a hyper real quality, and I feel as though I am standing just beneath them, beginning to squint up into that bright sky.:biggrin:
  3. EasyEd

EasyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Hey All,

Nice Pics my favorite if your talking pure photography is "sunny walk". Sunny walk is - to me - a powerful powerful composition with the kids (I think) going somewhere and the little hill leading directly to them, also the empty benches and the flowering trees in the background. Their positions and relative sizes - powerful stuff - really well done - might try cropping out the tree on the left though. "He left me standing in the rain" would be much stronger if she were staring out across the water instead of looking in her purse or checking to see if her underarm deodorant still works. My second favorite would be "Hometown spring blossoms". Really nice set though.