'1st Fuji X-E1 "Real World" Photos Are Up'

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RT_Panther, Oct 7, 2012.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
  2. dwrk

dwrk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    have been out many days now...only pictures from the 18-55mm proved elusive...

forum in cantonese...i just look at pictures...a bit slow loading...

some comparison to 800e, 5n and dp2m...
    100% crop X-E1 F2.8 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

most photos in a single place by far...
    Thoughts From My Camera: Fujifilm X-E1 and XF 18-55mm Lens

i was thinking of getting the 12-35x...at the time was US$1299 and so for US$100 more for X-E1 kit was no brainer...and i have one on preorder...the 18-55mm mtf looks good...so is the 14mm...

prices for 12-35x has since come down to US$1099...and on B&H if bought with G5...is $899...i was already planning to get the G5...and you can also get the 100-300 for $399 when bought together...

really contemplating should i get the x-e1 kit or the 12-35x now...
  3. TDP

TDP Guest

The X-E1 will be in at my local camera shops this Friday, will be checking one out!!
  4. rcky

rcky Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2011
    Washington state
    You mean the shops at Bo Ai Road?
    Do they normally let you pop open a box and check out the camera?

(I'm visiting at the moment and have never dealt with camera shopkeepers in TW...)
  5. TDP

TDP Guest

PoAi shops should have them on Friday, if any of the shops do gray market they will have them already (from HongKong or Japan). I know bigcamera (2 locations I know of in Taipei, 1 in Taichung) both carry regular and gray market.

There is a shop real close to ZhiShan station (red line, TianMu) that sent me a notification they will have the camera on Friday. Friday I will be in Taichung so I will check Bigcamera there.

Some stores let you try things out, some don't. The foreigner unfriendly stores that won't give me the time of day, much less let me try anything out...I walk out of those.

I will be in Thailand next month, they usually have better prices on Fuji, but if I check out the XE1 Friday and it rocks the casbah I will probably walk out with it.
  6. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    its probably the photographer and the particular photos he took but it seems to be lacking in something compared to the X PRO1 files