1967 Jupiter-3 on the EP2

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is a "back-hack" lens, left over from converting a Sonnar to Leica mount.

So the J-3 optics gets made into Contax mount. Then into an Amedeo Adapter, onto the EP2 via Leica M adapter.

Wide-Open

At F4:

F1.5:

F4

The ZOMZ J-3's are a bit softer than the earlier KMZ J-3's, at least in my experience. This 1967 J-3 is perfect glass, and is better than many 1960s J-3's that I have used.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Brian,
Very nice. The J's have a certain way of drawing that is unmatched by other lenses. Not that they are the best...but they just translate light like no other. I love what you do with them...
Don

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
Those photos are brilliant! I really like the results you are getting!
Where did you get a lens like that?

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
J-3's are available on Ebay, go anywhere from $50 to $200, depending on the year and condition. This one was in the $70 range. The most popular these days are the Leica Thread Mount version, but they are made to a slightly different standard focal length than what the Leica is calibrated for. So, as Joe Friday knows, I modify them to work with a Leica. That step is not required for a u43 camera.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
very nice! I had one of those at one time. Nice not having to collimate lenses for an EVIL camera, eh?
My mission in the photographic world is to make J-3's work with RF's. Or at least yank the optics out and replace them with Zeiss glass....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom