1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1967 Jupiter-3 on the EP2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Brian S, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    This is a "back-hack" lens, left over from converting a Sonnar to Leica mount.

So the J-3 optics gets made into Contax mount. Then into an Amedeo Adapter, onto the EP2 via Leica M adapter.

Wide-Open

[​IMG]

At F4:

[​IMG]

F1.5:

[​IMG]

F4
    [​IMG]

The ZOMZ J-3's are a bit softer than the earlier KMZ J-3's, at least in my experience. This 1967 J-3 is perfect glass, and is better than many 1960s J-3's that I have used.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Brian,
    Very nice. The J's have a certain way of drawing that is unmatched by other lenses. Not that they are the best...but they just translate light like no other. I love what you do with them...
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    very nice! I had one of those at one time. Nice not having to collimate lenses for an EVIL camera, eh?

4. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    Those photos are brilliant! I really like the results you are getting!
    Where did you get a lens like that?

5. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    J-3's are available on Ebay, go anywhere from $50 to $200, depending on the year and condition. This one was in the $70 range. The most popular these days are the Leica Thread Mount version, but they are made to a slightly different standard focal length than what the Leica is calibrated for. So, as Joe Friday knows, I modify them to work with a Leica. That step is not required for a u43 camera.

6. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    My mission in the photographic world is to make J-3's work with RF's. Or at least yank the optics out and replace them with Zeiss glass....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.