1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

17mm 1.8 preorders shipping

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by macfish, Dec 18, 2012.

1. macfish

macfish Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Columbus OH USA
    Just received notification from B&H that my order shipped. Don't remember exactly when I placed the preorder but it was within the first couple days of the option appearing on their site.
    Now have to decide whether to return it or wait for my Olympus America order placed during the (mistaken?) price reduction.

2. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I was going to share the discount with another forum member who committed to buying the mistaken price reduction one from Olympus when it's delivered. Meaning I'll get the lens early with still some discount and someone else who missed out on preorders and that crazy sale will also get a slightly discounted lens. It's just that I've been very excited about getting this lens and want it before Xmas. Win-win for everyone.

3. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Is there a discount being offered on this lens? I never seen it.

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    There was a short-lived erratic Godsend of a sale this past weekend for a few hours. It's since been corrected but Olympus is honoring all sales that went through.

5. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Yup i saw that sale. wanted that OMD for 635 and the new 17 for 369. but guess what. they dont ship outside the states.... oh well. And yes ive seen images already from people in malaysia and germany already playing and unboxing their new 17mm. cant wait to buy mine!.

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I have a confirmed order from that crazy sale for $369. But no word on a shipping date. Fortunately, I'm not in a hurry for it - most of my shooting over the holidays will be family shots with the 45 and 75 and some with the Fuji. But I'd kind of like to have some idea of when to expect it.

-Ray

7. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Well you guys are lucky. Hopefully Olympus will have another sale sometime soon. Just don't know how long I can hold out. Two days after I bought my 40-140 Olympus had a $100 rebate offer. Just my luck.

8. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    The "Sale" was a mistake where they apparently listed a bunch of stuff at wholesale prices rather than retail. Don't think it is likely to happen again unless by another mistake. But you can always hope.

9. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    That's pretty generous of them. Kudos.

And I hate anyone that got in on that =P

10. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    I hate all of you lucky sods who got in on that deal :biggrin:

Meanwhile my preorder from Adorama has shipped and will be here Friday! Can't complain too much about the price since I used a $50 prepaid code I got from another Adorama purchase. Man, I'm giddy right now. This is the lens I've been waiting for to complete my core lens lineup.

11. Bravin Neff

Bravin Neff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Detroit
    Bravin Neff
    Got my email from B&H today as well.

12. destro92179

destro92179 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 17, 2012
    Socal
    Do you guys remember the date you preordered from bh? I ordered mine on the 15th of nov and haven't received any notifications. I believe that was the day the preorder went live. Really dissappointed that this isn't being received by Xmas.

13. cookedart

cookedart Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 27, 2012
    I ordered mine that same day, and received it this past friday with UPS 3-Day. They've sent me emails since dec about that they were expecting stock that had not been received. You might want to call them?

14. destro92179

destro92179 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 17, 2012
    Socal
    Yea I ordered mine with 2 day air shipping. I've been calling them and emailing them and they give me some auto reply saying they haven't received anything yet. My first experience with them on a preorder basis. Will be sure to never do that again with them. What upsets me even more is that I've been charged since the 15th of nov which they said if you pay through PayPal they charge you right away.

15. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I'm so mad. The first time ever a lens came DOA. Now I'm sure its a month or more to get a replacement...smh.

16. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Gasp!

17. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    FWIW, the listing on Adorama now says.

"Please Note! This Item is on the way to our warehouse and is expected in a few days."

Me, I'm still waiting for my order from Amazon to ship so I can stop using PL25.

18. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    seriously? damn =(

19. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Yup. Couldn't believe it.

20. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    FWIW, the lens appears to be in stock over at Adorama. I'm tempted to cancel my order with Amazon and just order one from Adorama.