17% discount for E-M10 pre-orders

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lancara, Mar 8, 2014.

1. lancara

lancara New to Mu-43

Dec 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    I've seen some of these in the US too. I think what the sellers are doing is buying camera + a bunch of lenses for the discounted price and then selling them for a bit more. If you actually buy from Amazon itself it's usually still the retail price, but then you can get the lens discounts...
  3. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Thanks for posting this - I live in Spain so it is interesting to see what the market here is like. It's worth noting that quite similar prices are available directly from Olympus Spain at olympus.es (€599 for body only, against €587 on amazon.es). Olympus.es does not refer to these as "discounted", I don't know if they ever had the higher prices in the first place. They have the kit with the old 14-42 at €699 and the kit with the new pancake 14-42 at €799. http://shop.olympus.es/e_commerce/om-d/olympus/e-m10-cuerpo-p-2156.htm. I wonder if Amazon are advertising a "discount" against a rather meaningless opening price.

Interesting that olympus.es are trying to maintain the EM-5 at a price 50% higher than the EM-10 (€899 v €599). I understand that the EM-5 has some extra features like weather sealing, but it seems like a high premium for the older model.

In this case it is Amazon (Spain) itself offering these prices, but with no lens discounts. I am not sure if lens discounts are offered in Spain or indeed in continental Europe in general.
  4. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    I don't think there are lens discount prices when you purchase an Olympus body in Europe...

From the OP, the price of the E-M1 + 12-40 was very interesting (but no more available).