1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

17% discount for E-M10 pre-orders

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lancara, Mar 8, 2014.

1. lancara

lancara New to Mu-43

Dec 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    I've seen some of these in the US too. I think what the sellers are doing is buying camera + a bunch of lenses for the discounted price and then selling them for a bit more. If you actually buy from Amazon itself it's usually still the retail price, but then you can get the lens discounts...

3. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Thanks for posting this - I live in Spain so it is interesting to see what the market here is like. It's worth noting that quite similar prices are available directly from Olympus Spain at olympus.es (€599 for body only, against €587 on amazon.es). Olympus.es does not refer to these as "discounted", I don't know if they ever had the higher prices in the first place. They have the kit with the old 14-42 at €699 and the kit with the new pancake 14-42 at €799. http://shop.olympus.es/e_commerce/om-d/olympus/e-m10-cuerpo-p-2156.htm. I wonder if Amazon are advertising a "discount" against a rather meaningless opening price.

Interesting that olympus.es are trying to maintain the EM-5 at a price 50% higher than the EM-10 (€899 v €599). I understand that the EM-5 has some extra features like weather sealing, but it seems like a high premium for the older model.

In this case it is Amazon (Spain) itself offering these prices, but with no lens discounts. I am not sure if lens discounts are offered in Spain or indeed in continental Europe in general.

4. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    I don't think there are lens discount prices when you purchase an Olympus body in Europe...

From the OP, the price of the E-M1 + 12-40 was very interesting (but no more available).