16 GB Samsung Pro UHS-1 SDHC cards $6.99 at Buydig eBay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dougjgreen, May 21, 2014.

1. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321412204738

These are great, absolutely first rate cards with read speeds up to 90 Mb/sec, write speed up to 40 MB/sec. I own 2 of them, just bought two more.

Adorama has the 32 GB size on sale for $34 for two cards, which I was about to buy, when I stumbled upon this deal, for $7 each for the 16 GB size.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ellsass

Ellsass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    That’s a great price (certainly beats Amazon’s $18), but keep in mind it isn’t exactly that fast and really only writes at about 30MB/s.

3. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The spec is 40 Mb/sec. It's plenty fast. It's more than double the speed needed to be UHS-I. It's not the fastest card out there - but that's why Samsung is replacing them with stuff that's double the speed - but it's triple the speed of what most folks would consider an entry-level "fast" card like a SanDisk Ultra. I'm not talking about using it for 4K video. I'm talking about still photography in cameras that have 14-18 Megapixels per frame. It's plenty fast for that. Unless you were shooting high speed bursts in cameras that were over 20 Megapixels, this card's not going to be a limiting factor.

4. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I got two. 30-40 MB/s is fast enough for regular shooting

5. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    the item price is great, but their shipping estimation is atrocious (for Croatia, it's over $30).

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Actually, they do that to discourage you from buying it - in the U.S. the shipping is free. They really do not wish to sell the cards internationally and deal with customs declarations. They have sold a couple of thousand of them in the U.S. in less than a day, and they are not set up to efficiently sell products internationally, so they force you to use a carrier that handles the customs processing for them (and charges them $25 to do it).

7. joeyjiang

joeyjiang Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, California
    Joe Jiang
    Great find! Bought 3 even though I just received the double 32gb deal from adorama

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for posting this! I just picked up 4 of them, though the price is a couple bucks higher now. Still a great deal!

9. Cymen

Cymen Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2014
    Likewise. I've got some older SDHC cards and at this price, I can see if my camera is any faster to clear the buffer with these.

10. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    thx for the reply, could be just that. Although i don't see how it affects them for stuff in this price range, there is no customs (at least not here).

11. marcelolopezjr

marcelolopezjr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2014
    South Florida
    ML
    Price is now u -to $8.99

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Well, it still seems to be the best deal out there even at 8.99 USD

13. marcelolopezjr

marcelolopezjr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2014
    South Florida
    ML
    Wasn't arguing the point just pointing out the prices gone up a little bit you're right though it is still a great deal

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Mu-43 mobile app

14. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    NVM. You needed to get a personal promo code by signing up for their email.

15. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Are you referring to Fry's? Since that's what they do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.