16 GB Samsung Pro UHS-1 SDHC cards $6.99 at Buydig eBay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dougjgreen, May 21, 2014.

1. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321412204738

These are great, absolutely first rate cards with read speeds up to 90 Mb/sec, write speed up to 40 MB/sec. I own 2 of them, just bought two more.

Adorama has the 32 GB size on sale for $34 for two cards, which I was about to buy, when I stumbled upon this deal, for $7 each for the 16 GB size.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ellsass

Ellsass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    That’s a great price (certainly beats Amazon’s $18), but keep in mind it isn’t exactly that fast and really only writes at about 30MB/s.

3. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The spec is 40 Mb/sec. It's plenty fast. It's more than double the speed needed to be UHS-I. It's not the fastest card out there - but that's why Samsung is replacing them with stuff that's double the speed - but it's triple the speed of what most folks would consider an entry-level "fast" card like a SanDisk Ultra. I'm not talking about using it for 4K video. I'm talking about still photography in cameras that have 14-18 Megapixels per frame. It's plenty fast for that. Unless you were shooting high speed bursts in cameras that were over 20 Megapixels, this card's not going to be a limiting factor.

4. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I got two. 30-40 MB/s is fast enough for regular shooting

5. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    the item price is great, but their shipping estimation is atrocious (for Croatia, it's over $30).

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Actually, they do that to discourage you from buying it - in the U.S. the shipping is free. They really do not wish to sell the cards internationally and deal with customs declarations. They have sold a couple of thousand of them in the U.S. in less than a day, and they are not set up to efficiently sell products internationally, so they force you to use a carrier that handles the customs processing for them (and charges them $25 to do it).

7. joeyjiang

joeyjiang Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 2, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, California
    Joe Jiang
    Great find! Bought 3 even though I just received the double 32gb deal from adorama

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for posting this! I just picked up 4 of them, though the price is a couple bucks higher now. Still a great deal!

9. Cymen

Cymen Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2014
    Likewise. I've got some older SDHC cards and at this price, I can see if my camera is any faster to clear the buffer with these.

10. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    thx for the reply, could be just that. Although i don't see how it affects them for stuff in this price range, there is no customs (at least not here).

11. marcelolopezjr

marcelolopezjr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2014
    South Florida
    ML
    Price is now u -to $8.99

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Well, it still seems to be the best deal out there even at 8.99 USD

13. marcelolopezjr

marcelolopezjr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2014
    South Florida
    ML
    Wasn't arguing the point just pointing out the prices gone up a little bit you're right though it is still a great deal

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Mu-43 mobile app

14. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    NVM. You needed to get a personal promo code by signing up for their email.

15. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Are you referring to Fry's? Since that's what they do.