16 GB Samsung Pro UHS-1 SDHC cards $6.99 at Buydig eBay

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321412204738

These are great, absolutely first rate cards with read speeds up to 90 Mb/sec, write speed up to 40 MB/sec. I own 2 of them, just bought two more.

Adorama has the 32 GB size on sale for $34 for two cards, which I was about to buy, when I stumbled upon this deal, for $7 each for the 16 GB size.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
That’s a great price (certainly beats Amazon’s $18), but keep in mind it isn’t exactly that fast and really only writes at about 30MB/s.
The spec is 40 Mb/sec. It's plenty fast. It's more than double the speed needed to be UHS-I. It's not the fastest card out there - but that's why Samsung is replacing them with stuff that's double the speed - but it's triple the speed of what most folks would consider an entry-level "fast" card like a SanDisk Ultra. I'm not talking about using it for 4K video. I'm talking about still photography in cameras that have 14-18 Megapixels per frame. It's plenty fast for that. Unless you were shooting high speed bursts in cameras that were over 20 Megapixels, this card's not going to be a limiting factor.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
the item price is great, but their shipping estimation is atrocious (for Croatia, it's over $30).
Actually, they do that to discourage you from buying it - in the U.S. the shipping is free. They really do not wish to sell the cards internationally and deal with customs declarations. They have sold a couple of thousand of them in the U.S. in less than a day, and they are not set up to efficiently sell products internationally, so they force you to use a carrier that handles the customs processing for them (and charges them $25 to do it).

Cymen

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks for posting this! I just picked up 4 of them, though the price is a couple bucks higher now. Still a great deal!
Likewise. I've got some older SDHC cards and at this price, I can see if my camera is any faster to clear the buffer with these.

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Actually, they do that to discourage you from buying it - in the U.S. the shipping is free. They really do not wish to sell the cards internationally and deal with customs declarations. They have sold a couple of thousand of them in the U.S. in less than a day, and they are not set up to efficiently sell products internationally, so they force you to use a carrier that handles the customs processing for them (and charges them $25 to do it).
thx for the reply, could be just that. Although i don't see how it affects them for stuff in this price range, there is no customs (at least not here).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom