1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

15th Mu-43 Salon Competition

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by scarbrd, Nov 21, 2012.

1. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    15th Mu-43 Salon Competition - Thanks!

In the US we are celebrating Thanksgiving this week. It's an annual holiday when we pause and give thanks for all the good things and people in our lives.

While the holiday is in the US, the concept of being thankful is global.

Your challenge is to show a photographically creative image that communicates thankfulness and/or appreciation.

Have fun!!!

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Shots can be uploaded from any gallery, Mu43 or whatever is your preference.

3. To enter your photo after uploading, copy the code in the Linked Image box and paste it into a reply to to this message. You can use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of this page.

4. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

5. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Mu-43 Contests and Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

8. Please, donĀ“t be shy...Participate and have fun.

9. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Just a snap and not a winner by any means, but this shows how we celebrated and gave thanks for our Queen's Diamond Jubilee in my small corner of England.

DUTON_HILL_JUBILEE_030_e_r_s.

• Like Like x 7
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Great idea for a challenge!

4. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Bump. C'mon folks, lets see some pics!

5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/aduu/7083878147/" title="Untitled by adubo., on Flickr">"800" height="600" alt="Untitled"></a>

This was taken during a summer art camp for the lesser fortunate/street children of Manila.

We never forget to pray, communicate, give praise and thanks to Him despite life's struggles and misfortunes.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 4
  6. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    bump to get more exposure and hopefully some more entries!!1

7. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

From the Kremlin in Moscow, the eternal flame in gratitude to the unknown soldier of WWII.

P5021910.

• Like Like x 3
  8. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Good grief, with this number of entries I stand a good chance of coming 3rd! :eek:

9. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Don't put your picture down, I really rate it. Great composition, colours and atmosphere. You could say that being in merry old England, those folks are grateful it didn't rain. Although judging by those clouds it probably did.

10. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Bow and applause

good_show.

• Like Like x 4
  11. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Miraculously the rain did hold off, but there were a few anxious moments! :biggrin:

12. sac

sac Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    Vic, Australia
    Steven
    I was in the UK on Remembrance Day and was doing a walking tour in the Rotherhithe area. We came across this neglected memorial cross, with the wreaths.

P1020620_B_W1.

• Like Like x 3
  13. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    This was a tough theme to select one for! I finally decided on this one, from our trip to Alaska. This is a view from the Eielson visitor's center in Denali National Park.

I chose this one because every time I look at it I feel a patriotic sense of gratitude for the men and women who made it possible for Americans to enjoy such wonderful natural beauty, and those who work to preserve it for generations to come.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/30940068@N02/7877958634/" title="Eielson Visitor's Center View by jloden, on Flickr"> 7877958634_9fe7b8f6d7_c. "800" height="601" alt="Eielson Visitor's Center View"></a>
    GX1 + 14-140mm

• Like Like x 2
  14. wreckless

wreckless Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2011
    Michigan
    Mike
    :th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    @ Sac great image, have you tried to remove the red flowers in the foreground and the rear car lenses. Just a thought as I found they distracted my eye.

16. sac

sac Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    Vic, Australia
    Steven
    Thanks Giles. I am a total newbie to PP images. My original concept was just to have the wreath at the top of the cross remaining red.

I recently purchased a book by Scott Kelby on Lightroom and I now think I should be able to use the Adustment Brush to achieve that look. I will give that a try.

17. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Not the best photo but got the lens cap off in time to get it as I was walking along the beach. [​IMG]"1024" height="682" alt="IMG_4222"></a>[/IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Chill

Chill New to Mu-43

Nov 26, 2012
    Victoria Park Memorial

Here is my submission, an excerpt from a multi war memorial in central North Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Victoria Park.

thankful.

• Like Like x 2
  19. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    One more bump. I'll pick a winner later in the week!

20. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    For me the best one, a fantastic subject. Love the colour and black and white. Well done

• Like Like x 1