150-400 f4.5 1.25x IS Pro is shipping!

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
By the look of the picture beside what looks like the 100-400 it is bigger than I thought it would be.
Still if I could afford it...…..
Size.jpg

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
I spoke to the dealer with whom my 100-400 is backordered. They said that the demand for the 150-400 has been underestimated by a country mile. I'll just be happy to receive what I ordered - apparently they are sat in a warehouse in Germany shared with Ricoh. Of all the courier companies they could choose from, they are using bloody UPS (Unfit for Purpose Service) to move their stock around Europe.

Is this a waterproof construction? You can see the rubber ring around the lens mount, but such an opening in the lens housing does not look too good. Often adjusting the lever will wear and tear and how will this be in the future?
Here in the Netherlands the price is 6,999 euros
olympus-150-400mm-45-tc125x-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Is this a waterproof construction? You can see the rubber ring around the lens mount, but such an opening in the lens housing does not look too good. Often adjusting the lever will wear and tear and how will this be in the future?
View attachment 876397
LOL! Are you REALLY questioning OLYMPUS's weathersealing?! :D You do know it's the best money can buy, right?

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
People in another thread complaining that OM/Olympus is focusing too much on weathersealing, and now people think that the company left a big opening in a 7000 Euro lens for water to get in. Come on.

Real Name
Walter

I don't know how they sealed the lever opening, but Olympus assures us the lens is fully weather-sealed to IPX1 standard.

Dust & Drip Proof
IEC Standard publication 60529 IPX1 (applies when the lens is used with Olympus splashproof Body) / Dustproof construction

Actually this should already be the second batch of this lens they shipped, the first customers reported they got their copies in early February already. However these lenses were shipped from Olympus' own online shop, maybe camera stores will now slowly start receiving their shipments and can give them to their customers. Either way it is good news seeing production is being kept up and deliveries are being made.

c12402

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Juan Guerrero
I’ve received the confirmation that my new lens will be shipped from Germany warehouse next Monday, so yes, they are finally delivering It.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I saw a photo of the Wilkinsons Managing dorector handing over a boxed O150-400 lens to a customer. A very rare sight in this country. There will be an unboxing video ceremony later.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Riku
There will be an unboxing video ceremony later.

Everyone loves a little bit of ceremony! To ensure the lens will serve well. I'm sure even OMDS recommends doing an enchantment to the new lens, to help capture decisive moment. Maybe a little curse to help against thieves. I'm surprised this is not done more often.

ceremony.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom