1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

14-54 MKI vs. MKII

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by elandel, May 11, 2012.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi all. As you know from my answres to another thread I'm into buying a 14-54lens which I think would be ideal for my indoor shooting purposes.
    Little question: I have to choose between the MKI and MKII. One is 400 euros the other 250 euros: both used in good conditions. The latter has warranty until november this year. The former is 2009.

Is there any difference on m4/3 cameras other that AF speed? I would mainly shoot static subjects, like panoramas or indoor churches etc.

Is the difference worth it in IQ etc.

I'll put in on an E-pl3 or EP2 for now, maybe later on the E-M5.

Thanks for your replys.

2. Kameleo

Kameleo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    W.Siberia, Russia
    Dima
    Hi! Mk1 does not support contrast AF, Mk2 will be much faster on m4/3...
    I tried Mk2 on my e-pl1 with MMF-2, focusing on speed can be considered equal to m14-42 kit lens

3. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    Agree, i also using mk2. Still loose anything with this acceptable af gap time, trial with mft 17&14-42mk2. Even for moving object its still do fine

Sent from my 2.3.3|GT-P1000 using Evolt 3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.