14-42mm kit lens

Delb0y

Mu-43 Regular
I've not been hugely impressed with the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3. It's okay and I do use it but I wouldn't worry about buying another. This morning I tried a GX-7 with what must be the newer version of a 14-42 kit lens. It was a lot smaller and the build quality felt better. But key question - would it be worth the extra money to buy a GX-7 with that lens on it, or IQ wise is it no better than the version from a few years ago?

Cheers
Derek

profgregorio

Mu-43 Regular
I owned the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3 and I hated using it due to the very rough feel when zooming. I have since gotten the Lumix 14-45 and it has now become my favorite travel lens. In my opinion, it is worth upgrading to a better lens even just for the improved user experience. My enjoyment of photography is not just the final picture but the entire photographic experience.

charcoalblack

Mu-43 Regular
I've not been hugely impressed with the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3. It's okay and I do use it but I wouldn't worry about buying another. This morning I tried a GX-7 with what must be the newer version of a 14-42 kit lens. It was a lot smaller and the build quality felt better. But key question - would it be worth the extra money to buy a GX-7 with that lens on it, or IQ wise is it no better than the version from a few years ago?

Cheers
Derek
i have had both, the old and new version, the new version has a little better IQ. if you are still happy with the G3, you can find the newer version on ebay once in a while, you don't have to buy a new camera just to get the newer version.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom