14-42mm kit lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Delb0y, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Delb0y

Delb0y Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2014
    I've not been hugely impressed with the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3. It's okay and I do use it but I wouldn't worry about buying another. This morning I tried a GX-7 with what must be the newer version of a 14-42 kit lens. It was a lot smaller and the build quality felt better. But key question - would it be worth the extra money to buy a GX-7 with that lens on it, or IQ wise is it no better than the version from a few years ago?

Cheers
    Derek

2. profgregorio

profgregorio Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2013
    Manila, Philippines
    I owned the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3 and I hated using it due to the very rough feel when zooming. I have since gotten the Lumix 14-45 and it has now become my favorite travel lens. In my opinion, it is worth upgrading to a better lens even just for the improved user experience. My enjoyment of photography is not just the final picture but the entire photographic experience.

3. charcoalblack

charcoalblack Mu-43 Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    i have had both, the old and new version, the new version has a little better IQ. if you are still happy with the G3, you can find the newer version on ebay once in a while, you don't have to buy a new camera just to get the newer version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.