14-42mm kit lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Delb0y, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Delb0y

Delb0y Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2014
    I've not been hugely impressed with the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3. It's okay and I do use it but I wouldn't worry about buying another. This morning I tried a GX-7 with what must be the newer version of a 14-42 kit lens. It was a lot smaller and the build quality felt better. But key question - would it be worth the extra money to buy a GX-7 with that lens on it, or IQ wise is it no better than the version from a few years ago?

Cheers
    Derek

2. profgregorio

profgregorio Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2013
    Manila, Philippines
    I owned the 14-42 kit lens that came with my G3 and I hated using it due to the very rough feel when zooming. I have since gotten the Lumix 14-45 and it has now become my favorite travel lens. In my opinion, it is worth upgrading to a better lens even just for the improved user experience. My enjoyment of photography is not just the final picture but the entire photographic experience.

3. charcoalblack

charcoalblack Mu-43 Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    i have had both, the old and new version, the new version has a little better IQ. if you are still happy with the G3, you can find the newer version on ebay once in a while, you don't have to buy a new camera just to get the newer version.