14-42 EZ 136$ in kit with EM10! Stupid not to buy?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by swede, Oct 29, 2014.

1. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Is it foolish not to buy this kit? If i buy the EM10 body only its 136$ cheaper, so it seems that its a bargain as the lens itself costs a lot more.
    I doubt though that i will like the lens so much because I'm a prime guy and was initially planning on buying the em10 with 25/1.8.
    But... i think my wife will like using the em10 with 14-42 so... damn these choices :big grin:

2. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    Buy it. If neither you or your wife likes the lens, you can resell it for at least that much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Transalp01

Transalp01 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Täby, Sweden
    I use mine 14-42 ez as a travel lens. It make the E-M10 a great travel camera. But the rest of the year I'm not using it but I wouldn't sell it. I'm glad I bought it as kit lens. It's worth the extra money when you buy it as a kit lens.

So the answer to your question is: it foolish not to buy this kit

• Like Like x 1
  4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    yeah, I'd buy it from ya!

5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Simply look at common resale prices. Tjdean already wants it!

6. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    I always buy my cameras with kit lenses and sell the lens for profit.

7. cprevost

cprevost Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    It's a great little kit lens. I have it on my epl7 and like it a lot for it's compact form factor. The digital zoom wasn't as bothersome as I thought it might be. Get the auto lens cap for it as well. It costs a bit but is really cool.

8. DavidC

DavidC Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 15, 2014
    Look at the B&H link created in your post for the body, click on the $200 rebate, and it is now down to only $99.

9. Bpsmith511

Bpsmith511 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 1, 2014
    I believe this is fro the 14-42 IIR lens, not the EZ.

10. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    It's a nice lens, not as nice as the primes, of course, or the 12-40 that costs three times as much, but a perfectly good everyday lens that turns the OM-D cameras into a very small, walk-aroung kit. I use mine with my E-M5 and wear the whole thing on my belt in a little case that was designed for the wonderful old C5050Z.

I'd get it. The lens is selling on ebay for well over the $136 you'll pay, though not at the $350 I paid for mine just three months ago at B&H.

• Like Like x 1
  11. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 25, 2014
    I did buy the kit :)  so far it seems nice litle lens, but i do need an external flash for bouncing indoors with this lens.
    Thinking about the oly 600 flash.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.