14-42 EZ 136$ in kit with EM10! Stupid not to buy?

swede

Mu-43 Veteran
Is it foolish not to buy this kit? If i buy the EM10 body only its 136$ cheaper, so it seems that its a bargain as the lens itself costs a lot more.
I doubt though that i will like the lens so much because I'm a prime guy and was initially planning on buying the em10 with 25/1.8.
But... i think my wife will like using the em10 with 14-42 so... damn these choices :big grin:

Transalp01

Mu-43 Regular
I use mine 14-42 ez as a travel lens. It make the E-M10 a great travel camera. But the rest of the year I'm not using it but I wouldn't sell it. I'm glad I bought it as kit lens. It's worth the extra money when you buy it as a kit lens.

So the answer to your question is: it foolish not to buy this kit

cprevost

Mu-43 Regular
It's a great little kit lens. I have it on my epl7 and like it a lot for it's compact form factor. The digital zoom wasn't as bothersome as I thought it might be. Get the auto lens cap for it as well. It costs a bit but is really cool.

DavidC

Mu-43 Rookie
Look at the B&H link created in your post for the body, click on the $200 rebate, and it is now down to only $99.

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
It's a nice lens, not as nice as the primes, of course, or the 12-40 that costs three times as much, but a perfectly good everyday lens that turns the OM-D cameras into a very small, walk-aroung kit. I use mine with my E-M5 and wear the whole thing on my belt in a little case that was designed for the wonderful old C5050Z.

I'd get it. The lens is selling on ebay for well over the $136 you'll pay, though not at the $350 I paid for mine just three months ago at B&H.

swede

Mu-43 Veteran
It's a nice lens, not as nice as the primes, of course, or the 12-40 that costs three times as much, but a perfectly good everyday lens that turns the OM-D cameras into a very small, walk-aroung kit. I use mine with my E-M5 and wear the whole thing on my belt in a little case that was designed for the wonderful old C5050Z.

I'd get it. The lens is selling on ebay for well over the $136 you'll pay, though not at the $350 I paid for mine just three months ago at B&H.
I did buy the kit :) so far it seems nice litle lens, but i do need an external flash for bouncing indoors with this lens.
Thinking about the oly 600 flash.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom