1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

14-42, 14-45 that much difference in image quality?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by jere lee, Mar 27, 2014.

1. jere lee

jere lee Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2010
    I have the Panasonic original 14-42 and the Olympus 14-42 II R.

because of all the hype about the 14-45, I'm considering getting one. Do you think it would be justified or is there actually only a small difference in image quality. Image quality is all I need, don't care about build or mount differences.

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    For the most part, it is a better lens WRT IQ, but weather you will notice the difference in comparison to your existing lenses, and weather it is worth the upgrade, are difficult to say. There are a number of threads on this subject, and you may want to have a read. I think that the other question you may want to ask is if the newer kit lenses are as good as, or possibly better than, the 14-45. The 12-32 has received some good press, but I am not certain if anybody has compared the two.

Good luck,

--ken

3. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    If you value edge to sharpness at infinity and excellent close up contrast, yes it's worth it. If you just take snapshots, no difference.

4. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Sydney
    Anthony
    Take a look at the newer panasonic 14-42 and the tiny 12-32 if you decide you want to change. I suspect they may be comparable but smaller and lighter.