14-35 2.0 won't focus at infinity at most focal lengths...

gbbiv

New to Mu-43
I have an old 14-35 2.0 lens and it is behaving a bit weirdly. I have a strong suspicion that it is broken.

It will lock focus at most focal lengths for for subjects that are within a few yards/meters and it keeps working at the tele end for a good distance more. But it will not lock on anything out towards infinity. I can't even get things in focus with MF.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about my options to get this working? It's likely that I'll be considering selling most of my 4/3rds glass but I'm trying to work through that with a recently purchased E-M1 Mark II, I'm still a bit on the fence.

Any help greatly appreciated.

gbbiv

New to Mu-43
Thanks for the welcome. Glad I found it. I am using the mmf-3, recently new to me.

SVQuant

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Sameer
Ok. So that is one thing crossed out.

Do you have access to a four-thirds camera to see your 14-35 works correctly there?

I have only used the 12-60SWD and 50-200SWD. Both worked great on my E-M1 mk1. The 12-60 sadly died, but I love the output from the 50-200.

gbbiv

New to Mu-43
I just tried the 14-54 and the 8 and they work perfectly on the body. I'll try the 14-35 on an E-5.

gbbiv

New to Mu-43
E-5 is better but similar. Focuses fine 25mm and up from close to 75 yd/m but still struggles out toward infinity... but hard to tell for sure, it's just that the camera won't release due to focus priority. But at wider focal lengths it just struggles unless inside 5 yd/m.

gbbiv

New to Mu-43
I have a vague recollection that I sent it to Olympus tech support years ago but that doesn't seem like it's possible. I was using the 12-60 more then because of the speed it would focus in dark situations... and because of these issues. Then a couple things happened and I ended up giving Nikon a try when Olympus stopped developing 4/3 and m4/3s wasn't quite there yet. I guess that's still an option but I'm not looking to spend too much with the current used prices for these amazing lenses.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom