14-140 or 14-150?

jeffg53

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeff Grant
I am planning to buy one of these lenses and am wondering if there is much to choose between them. What I have read seems to indicate that they are both quite good considering the range and price. I would like to hear any opinions on these lenses please.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

manzoid

Mu-43 Regular
I am planning to buy one of these lenses and am wondering if there is much to choose between them. What I have read seems to indicate that they are both quite good considering the range and price. I would like to hear any opinions on these lenses please.

I have the Olympus 14-150mm and am quite happy with it, but it is the only 'superzoom' lens I've owned that wasn't attached to a compact camera. I think the 14-140mm generally gets better reviews, but that may just be my impression.

Most importantly, do you have an Olympus body with 3 or 5 axis stabilisation? Even if so are you planning on buying a Panasonic body later that you may want to use it on? If so Id probably go for the 14-140mm all other things being equal.

jeffg53

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeff Grant
Thanks, I am planning on putting it on an EM 10 for my wife. She has a compact now with that zoom range but wants something better. I have an EM 1 so can't see myself getting a Pana body.

Geoff3DMN

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Geoff
I have an Olympus 14-150 superzoom and for what it is it produces pretty decent results. There is no question in my mind that it's superior to the copy of the 12-50 I owned and generally on par with the 40-150 zoom I had within their respective ranges (no not the future F2.8 version, the consumer one). I got rid of my 12-50 and 40-150 simply because the 14-150 did the same job without the lens swapping.

Those comments however relate to using the lens on my previous EM-5 and my current EM-1, it just doesn't feel very well balanced on my EPM-1.

As for the 14-140 I can't comment but I'd be interested in a side by side comparison :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom