NIK Snapseed for iPad

Blue Cube Imaging

Mu-43 Regular
I am hooked.

Last night after browsing DP Review and reading their glowing reports and comments I spent the (gasp) $4.99 to download the app and have been playing ever since.

In fact it is making me change my plans for the weekend. Rather than lugging my entire kit to the coast I'll be taking an Olympus EP1 with 14-42 and Panasonic 20 f1.7, tripod and an iPad loaded with with Snapseed for editing and upload to the web.

Here is the review: Nik Snapseed Review: 1. Snapseed: Digital Photography Review

-Swo0p

Mu-43 Rookie
I just bought this but find it pretty limiting. I haven't even gotten close to the same results as with my extremely limited lightroom knowledge, except for the vintage scheme which is cool

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
I do OK with snapseed. I'm in New York for the month with nothing but my ipad for uploading/processing and snapseed is pretty much used on every processed shot - I don't know any other ipad processing software. This whole (growing) album is snapseed except for the handful of shots that are untouched out of the camera.

New York City - April 2012 - a set on Flickr

That said, it doesn't give me anything LIKE the kind of control I get working on my Mac with its big brother and sistem programs, Silver and Color Efex Pro. i like the results, I've been complimented on them, but I know what I wanted to do while processing that I couldn't. I'm sure I'll redo a lot of these once I get home with the full plug-ins. But for quick and dirty processing to communicate the direction of a photograph, its a pretty great little app.

-Ray

ftwphoto

Mu-43 Regular
If you're looking for a little more lightroom like control I recommend Photogene for iPad. I use it as my first run on the iPad and then bring photos edited in that into Nik for artifying.

gsciorio

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Been using it for a while but I got to say Snapseed on the Mac sucks. I even asked for a refund its so slow and crummy overall but on the ipad and iphone its amazing.

I often shoot with a eye-fi card right to the my iphone which happens to be in my pocket then when I get a moment to chill out I can fix up the images I want to share and share them via Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr.

I shoot RAW + small Jepg sending only the jepgs to the iphone. If I dont shoot to iphone I 'll shoot to ipad and enhance with Snapseed there. Works great and when I'm shooting like this I feel like I'm peering into the future of photography.

Clients love it too.

Grinch

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I use snapseed sometimes, but more often I use piRAWnha which lets you manipulate raw files on the iPad.

ftwphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Grinch said:
I use snapseed sometimes, but more often I use piRAWnha which lets you manipulate raw files on the iPad.

I like piRAWnha but I find it's too damn slow for working on any more than 1 or 2 images from a batch.

betamax

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan
for those interested, Snapseed is going at an irresistable price at the moment. It's the FREE app of the week (iPad). :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom