12th Mu-43 Salon Competition- Architecture

blinky

Mu-43 Rookie
dome.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

West Baden Springs Hotel in French Lick, Indiana

This was one of my earliest pictures taken last year with the then-new camera.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Thanks everyone for your participation. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.

The announcement of rankings will be forthcoming shortly! :smile:

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
The winners are announced...

All of the images in this thread are excellent entries, for sure, and most of them are exceptional. There are a good half-dozen of the submitted images which I could easily see as being #1, but there is only one position open for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. Of course, subjective and objective elements play a role in the judging.

This was an exceptionally difficult competition to judge. Another judge, another day, and the ranking could very easily come out quite different. There is no right nor wrong to which ones are rated #1, #2, and #3.

That said, here is my selection on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places.

1st Place WINNER - submitted by krugorg
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krugorg/7706797794/" title="industrial texture by krugorg, on Flickr"> View attachment 233143 "1024" height="768" alt="industrial texture"></a>
I love the "early photography" feel of this image. It reminds me of images I saw published when I was a teenager in the 60's, eagerly learning what would be my lifetime profession. The strongly graphic elements - mysterious in their nature and function, textures, composition, combined with the dramatic and ever changing natural background was especially significant in my selecting this as 1st place. It's an exercise in complex simplicity. This image brings me back to it and draws me in, again and again.

2nd Place - submitted by Pim
P4091505-Edit-2.jpg

The carefully composed symmetry, straight lines mixed with curves, the great range in tonality from deep shadow to highlight, the human presence, the "Way Out" sign all combine to create a very stunning image. I love this image.

3rd Place - submitted by scarbrd
singapore_architecture.jpg

This image owes much of its impact to the drama, colors, and variety of very stunning architectural elements. Of course the camera positioning, the composition, exposure, and time of day were choices made by the photographer which contribute significantly as well. It all comes together in a magical way. Quite a visual feast, I'd say!

Thanks to you all for participating. I now pass the torch to krugorg as the curator of the next Salon Competition.

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mikey
Congrats to the winners. Excellent choices, all equally deserving to win. I'm sure it was uber difficult to judge this challenge.

OM-D, P7-14, mZD12, PL25, anxiously waiting for my mZD60 macro and mZD 75

Briar

Mu-43 Regular
Well done winning dudes! That was a tough one to judge, lot of fantastic entries, so congrats to all who entered. Looking forward to seeing the next challenge.

Latest threads

Top Bottom