1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

12mm lens shade

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mitch, Aug 14, 2011.

1. mitch

mitch New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    southern sweden
    hi all,

does anyone know if the rectangular lens shade is included with this lens? there is no information about that or how to buy one if it not included, yet all the posted "first looks" (you tube especially) show it. just wondering how much more i need to spend.

/mitch
    www.mitchcohen.se

2. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    hey mitch... for $800 you'd think that the shade would be included! But I think it isn't... I'll know Monday.

3. mitch

mitch New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    southern sweden
    please let us know!

/mitch

4. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
  5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Like all Olympus MFT lenses, a shade is not included. There is a matching silver rectangular shade for it as an optional extra but don't know about availability.

6. Just wait a little while for someone to start selling identical unbranded versions for $10-20.

7. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    You get front and rear caps, that's it. Hood is optional.

8. mitch

mitch New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    southern sweden
    thanks

thank you all for the info. i am new to the world of m4/3 and have found this site to be very friendly and helpful. seems strange that the lenses do not come with a hood, coming from the world of nikon, and stranger that the information is relatively hard to find. how can they sell a lens and not at least sell the hood right besides. oh well.....

thanks again!

/mitch
    www.mitchcohen.se

9. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Gotta love entrepreneurism! At $110 for the branded version, I think I'll hold off for the unbranded.

10. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, where does the $100 figure come from? Everyone agrees that it's the price, so I'm not disputing it, but I haven't seen it legitimately for sale anywhere, so I don't understand it. It's a whole lot more than Oly's other hoods (probably combined with a healthy dose of wishful thinking)...

11. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Check out the links I posted above.

12. ssgreenley

May 12, 2011
    Is eBay what people are citing? (I would expect those prices to come down once it's officially releases on Olympus, Amazon, etc.--again, it could just be wishful thinking though!)

13. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    There don't appear to be a lot of sources at present. I do think the pricing will come down in time... hopefully fairly soon! :smile:

14. ssgreenley

May 12, 2011
    Right?!? As long as I haven't missed an official announcement, there's still hope!